Security Installer Community

How Do You Guys Wire 240v To External Cameras

Alexg

I use 12/24 volt and lateley i haven't even connected the heaters on the enclosures so that i can run the whole job from 1 transformern and guess what never had a problem with fogging glass as the cameras themselves emit some heat anyway in the box. use rg59 shotgun cable for power and video and cut down the spaghetti.

I use 12/24 volt and lateley i haven't even connected the heaters on the enclosures so that i can run the whole job from 1 transformern and guess what never had a problem with fogging glass as the cameras themselves emit some heat anyway in the box.

i duly know the effect of golf stream (eventhou i still use studded wheels) but i would still expect the heaters to be connected..

:whistle:

All external mains voltage should be on an RCD as its outside the equipotential zone. If the job is for a domestic premises then you cannot do the electrical work unless you are part P registered anyway.

I tend to install a Gewis box with RCD in ran from the main dis board. Then have 4A mcb's for each camera.

Although Having talked to the likes of Delmiere, VT Genie, most modern day cameras dont always need a heater based housing. Like with the external domes the camera gives enough heat off to keep lense mist free. Only if installed when dry and a pack of silica gel always helps.

An RCD doesn't need to be fitted if the Earth Loop Impedance is within the tabulated tolerances.

I went up into the attic...I found a Stradavarius & a Picasso. Unfortunately.....

Stradavarius couldn't paint, and Picasso made a shocking fiddle.

My Facebook page...http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=1279556853&ref=name

Archived