Security Installer Community

Texecom Proximity Tags - How Do They Work

Guest heliart

I am also in that camp. Never liked the idea of people carrying fobs which are really sealed codes.

It's not hard to imagine someones keys being snatched, having their car whisked off the carpark at the back of the chinese and the ever reliable sat nav finding them the quickest way 'home'.

And the fob facilitated this?

agreed but its usually easier to over view a code than to nick a tag.

Access control is a good point to this, ie it would all be code based. We all know what happens to code based access system over a few days, much less weeks.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

agreed but its usually easier to over view a code than to nick a tag.

Access control is a good point to this, ie it would all be code based. We all know what happens to code based access system over a few days, much less weeks.

To be honest I think it's horses for courses, codes can be seen as they are being entered particualry on acces control where codes are usually entred more often than on an intruder alarm but for domestic use I still think codes offer slightly more security.

Perhaps we should use both if we are really paranoid.

I used to have a customer with an old A&G keyswitch operated panel who insisted on leaving the key in the panel at all times just so he wouldn't lose it!

Guest anguscanplay

the point is a tag is "in your possestion (?)" where a code isnt

simply put if the log says user 2 turned the system off and user 2 is a tag then that person either used or allowed the use of his tag.

try proving that when your using codes !!!

To be honest I think it's horses for courses, codes can be seen as they are being entered particualry on acces control where codes are usually entred more often than on an intruder alarm but for domestic use I still think codes offer slightly more security.

Perhaps we should use both if we are really paranoid.

I used to have a customer with an old A&G keyswitch operated panel who insisted on leaving the key in the panel at all times just so he wouldn't lose it!

Just like chip n PIN? I get where your coming from but I thought fobs were introduced to reduce f/alarms on monitored systems. I still think codes have the edge too esp for domestics.

I had a customer also who left key in panel. When we upgraded she refused to let us near the keypad when we had to power up again in case we saw her code. So I guess people of all groups are more security aware since the introduction of chip n PIN

The unsetting method is part of the Risk assesment. If you deem that tag has an unacceptable risk then use another method of unset. proper security companies do know that DD243 does not = 'tag'

lol

James

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Guest anguscanplay
The unsetting method is part of the Risk assesment. If you deem that tag has an unacceptable risk then use another method of unset. proper security companies do know that DD243 does not = 'tag'

lol

James

but it is the most secure variant

lol

James

Any part of risk assesment where we (who are assessing on who's behalf? customers/insurers/police???) have to assess the ability of the user or users, and do we have the savvy/skills/access to all users, to be able to produce an acurate picture in our own minds just to what the most appropriate method of unsetting should be?

We cant be geeks leading the technophobes (technofobs!).

Its all about the user. We should start from there. Otherwise we'll end up with the fob on a bit of string next to the keypad.

Archived