Security Installer Community

Texecom Proximity Tags - How Do They Work

Guest heliart

Sorry, you've lost me there.

My meaning was proximity fobs are most likely to be kept on the same key ring has your door keys! Surely a compromise of security.

Guest anguscanplay

My meaning was proximity fobs are most likely to be kept on the same key ring has your door keys! Surely a compromise of security.

my door keys don`t have my name and or address on them so no it doesnt really compramise security, however knowing who has unset the system (or "lent " his tag to someone) improves it.

Rover, buddy, chum pal.

If I loose my keys chances are you can walk up and down every car park in town blipping away until my car flashes it's light's at you = score you've won a nice mercedes.

As for finding my house using the same system = good luck!

C.

:rolleyes:

I can think of numerous scenarios where people who know where you live can steal your keys. The office thief, the cleaner, you could even leave your keys in the door - as I have done many times! Just doesn't make sense to me.

Anyway Angus, as a fan of the great man, I shall not argue further. Suffice to say i believe you've done too much vodka and drugs :)

I think this is a fair point.

If for instance a woman had her handbag stolen there is a very good chance that something within that bag would reveal her address.

I wouldn't recommend anyone to write their alarm code on a tag and keep it on their keyring and that is pretty much the same thing as a prox tag in my opinion.

I can think of numerous scenarios where people who know where you live can steal your keys. The office thief, the cleaner, you could even leave your keys in the door - as I have done many times! Just doesn't make sense to me.

Anyway Angus, as a fan of the great man, I shall not argue further. Suffice to say i believe you've done too much vodka and drugs :)

Rover, I'll ask this only once - you got 1 account here or 3?

C.

For lawandorder: I concurr Sir!

Chorlton - just the one ?, I've just joined tonight after having a nightmare installation of Texecom premier 48. How's 'Phenella' - the little old lady ;)

For lawandorder: I concurr Sir!

Chorlton - just the one ?, I've just joined tonight after having a nightmare installation of Texecom premier 48. How's 'Phenella' - the little old lady ;)

Rover the above is just stoopid mate.

The below user accounts show as being yours too.

j1mvt

bgeeza

For the above reasons I'd prefer you either make sense or leave, OK?

C.

Archived