Security Installer Community

Whats The Best Wireless Intruder Alarm

There are many people on this site that will not touch wirefree alarms but they will be the only alarm in 10 years time so we as engineers better get used to it.

In yer dreams, sorry but I disagree. Wirefree is getting better, but never will it replace wired.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Well we install a lot of EMS Radio Fire Alarm systems and there are certainly are a few issues with quality control and reliability.

If their radio security systems are the same then God help us.

I had a rep call the other day regarding "Logisty" radio security systems. - Even the control panels have a 5 ish year battery life. - No worries about Part P there then !

Anyone heard of them and are they any good ..... for a wireless system ?

The future isn't completely radio, its off site monitoring of multiple systems by a single engineer directing a load of unqualified monkeys with a van full of spares ! :ranting:

Guest karl@TSS
Karl... It is easy to tell that without knowing what is electromagnetic radiation and how does it behave. try to turn your TV antenna for 90 degrees and tell me how does it work..

:whistle:

erm thats a broad negative look at it i suppose :(

I heard that the 690R is obsolete these days because we tried to get one last week.

yeah i think they have just let scantronic deal with the radio side with the home link ..not tried one as yet but looks a nice bit of kit... :hmm:

In yer dreams, sorry but I disagree. Wirefree is getting better, but never will it replace wired.

QFA!!!

erm thats a broad negative look at it i suppose :(

:yes:

I had a rep call the other day regarding "Logisty" radio security systems. - Even the control panels have a 5 ish year battery life. - No worries about Part P there then !

Heard of them. Met them. Saw them at IFSEC. Logisty is the customer facing name and Daitem the trade. Or possibly the other way round - can't remember. Didn't look too closely at the alarm stuff though, more at the wireless entryphone gear. I got the impression that their reps don't know anything about the UK intruder market and so don't know how to place/sell their alarm stuff.

Couldn't quite work out if any of it complied and if so with what.

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

Yes, thats the one. Horrible looking piece of kit, the bell isn't much better.

As seen Here

I believe they are an Italian company so that would explain their lack of experience in the Uk Alarm market.

No, they are French. Company name: Atral. Operations in France, and also I think Germany.

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

• 8 months later...
Guest Electric eddy

Wireless alarms do indeed have their place. and if installed/maintained correctly will produce no problems whatsoever in the use of the system.

Technology is advancing all the time and in a wireless age these systems fit right in.

All alarm systems have their + and - points both wired and wireless, but if running cables is a hassle or unsightly, installation time, or price is an issue then the wireless systems are a viable option.

Remember an intruder doesnt want to steal YOUR valuables he wants to steal ANYONES! so in many cases even a dummy siren can act as a deterrant. The wireless systems are highly effective, inexpensive and easy to use.

Those engineers that have attempted to install a wireless system and have had problems really need to stick to the trade that they can handle (cable pulling). Its not rocket science, its simple technology (remember even wired systems were classed as unreliable and a nuisance at one point and havent things changed?)

give wireless systems the credit they deserve, one day they will be the 'norm'

*rant over*

and if installed/maintained correctly will produce no problems whatsoever in the use of the system.

I understand what your trying to say, but you cannot guarantee it, as they can get interefrence from other sources, plus a random fault may develop in the system, so to say if they are maintained correctly that they will never go wrong is just an incorrect statement, people who read these forums may take, and often do take your word quite literally.

Regards Dave.

I agree with Electric Eddy, these wireless systems DO have a function and are getting better all the time as technology improves.

All systems whether wired or wireless need to be installed and maintained correctly and both will act as an effective deterrent. with enough effort and know how ALL alarms systems can be disabled.

Physical security is the only way to stop an intruder, alarm systems are there to make a noise and deter an intruder. to be wired or wireless makes no difference to the purpose of an alarm system and surely it is down to the user as to which system suits their needs?

Wireless systems are inexpensive and easy to install and if you dont mind changing batteries once a year then they are perfectly suitable as an effective deterrant. False alarms are rare nowadays and jamming a system seems a pointless task if next door has no security at all.

of course you can buy cheap wired systems, but if a wireless system is more suitable then why not use it?

Archived