Security Installer Community

Whats The Best Wireless Intruder Alarm

Guest karl@TSS

I dont think there is anything wrong with wirefree alarms....well good ones anyhow...

put it this way it will probably be the way of all alarms in years to come ...........imo :whistle:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, I've used a few esp's, they're ok, but some programming issues, if you want a detector on entry exit at night time (part e/e) it isn't possible, the e/e detectors have to be e/e all the time, also you rely on the cutoff timer in the bell box to stop after 20mins as the panel won't control the bellbox for this long.... a few things I wasn't impressed with. For a box standard alarm that you will set only when leaving the house they're ok and I'd suggest using it.

I have fitted a few Eurosec CPX panels (made by Gardtec) which is a hardwire panel, 8 zones as standard, you wire the keypad and bellbox and mains supply, basically the panel can have a seperate radio expander which will allow 8 wireless zones to be connected, great system and have had no problems yet with these! The only problem is they are for trade only so you'd need an engineer with an account at gardtec to install one for you as they're not really a diy panel and not avalible to public... but loads better than esp. Also the panel has a built in dialler which will phone you when the alarm goes off (you'll need to wire a phone line of course) but much better at not alot of price difference, for probabally another

CCTV Intruder Access Control

Tony Hughes, Proprietor,

TRADE MEMBER

put it this way it will probably be the way of all alarms in years to come ...

Karl... It is easy to tell that without knowing what is electromagnetic radiation and how does it behave. try to turn your TV antenna for 90 degrees and tell me how does it work..

:whistle:

Hi, I've used a few esp's, they're ok, but some programming issues, if you want a detector on entry exit at night time (part e/e) it isn't possible, the e/e detectors have to be e/e all the time, also you rely on the cutoff timer in the bell box to stop after 20mins as the panel won't control the bellbox for this long.... a few things I wasn't impressed with. For a box standard alarm that you will set only when leaving the house they're ok and I'd suggest using it.

I have fitted a few Eurosec CPX panels (made by Gardtec) which is a hardwire panel, 8 zones as standard, you wire the keypad and bellbox and mains supply, basically the panel can have a seperate radio expander which will allow 8 wireless zones to be connected, great system and have had no problems yet with these! The only problem is they are for trade only so you'd need an engineer with an account at gardtec to install one for you as they're not really a diy panel and not avalible to public... but loads better than esp. Also the panel has a built in dialler which will phone you when the alarm goes off (you'll need to wire a phone line of course) but much better at not alot of price difference, for probabally another

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Agree with programming a bit on the poor side, no walk through zone either. It looks ok but i generally wasnt happy with it like you say its a basic set up.

Is the trade cost of the esp and guardtec gear about the same and is it only expandable to 8 wireless zones.

GardTec 816 or Eurosec CPX can have 1 receiver/8 wireless zones

GardTec 595/872 can have 2 receivers and 16 wireless zones

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

As Zak said, but the joy is you can still use the onboard zones etc and you've still got the decent panel on the job.... with built in dialler, trade price on the gardtec stuff vs esp is pretty much they same.... not enough in it not to fit gardtec for me anyway :-)

CCTV Intruder Access Control

Tony Hughes, Proprietor,

TRADE MEMBER

I have been looking at the scanny homelink 75 and their hybrid panels, might have a look at guardtec to. I know it defeats wireless a bit but id rather have a hardwired bell. Atleast with scanny or guardtec and probably any other hybrid panel atleast you can have proper programming.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Guys

Thanks for the fun topic, any how i went for the Visonic Powermax+, I tried a few Companies to run cables and the cable run was really awkward and they ALL suggested i go with a wireless system, its a good system many features and im not talking about the X10 stuff as these are just gimmicks,

I have managed to wire my external office and garage. to me its a great system even to the point where we have hired an engineer to fit these for friends and their friends as they prooved so popular.

Thanks again for all the answers

Archived