Security Installer Community

Whats The Best Wireless Intruder Alarm

Guys

Just been redecorating and am now going to have a new alarm fitted, been quoted on a Visonic Powermax and also ESP infinity, one of the companys i spoke to slammed the powermax saying it had issues with stability and tried to sell me the ESP

Any help on the best wireless system from the people that fit them would be appreciated

Paul

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guys

Just been redecorating and am now going to have a new alarm fitted, been quoted on a Visonic Powermax and also ESP infinity, one of the companys i spoke to slammed the powermax saying it had issues with stability and tried to sell me the ESP

Any help on the best wireless system from the people that fit them would be appreciated

Paul

Why didn't you have alarm cables run before redecorating, then you wouldn't have this dilemma!!

I think both products are good - have installed neither. There are only a couple of people on here who have installed the ESP, and I don't think anyone the Powermax. I doubt very much that there are issues with stability with the Visonic. Have a look at their respective web sites to get more information.

A rep selling one product will always critique another.

I am assuming this is for a DIY install. If so, neither of them are completely DIY. If you are having it professionally fitted, then you should use an insurance approved graded product such as GardTec or other.

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

• 2 weeks later...

I have never fitted the ESP, had a play with it in the office though, its an okay system but the Powermax easily outperforms it! I fit 2/3 Powermax's a week, would rather fit them than a wired system because its so easy and they are reliable, love getting the maintainance contracts on them because the only thing that goes wrong is a flat battery (which they pay for) or the usual PSU in bad storms! And hey, it's good enough to be fitted in my house! (and running X10 devices B) )

Guest karl@TSS

i would stay away from esp wireless i/we used to fit them...not good range and the pir ariels are a nightmare...as for menvier 690r and the scantronic 500r good solid base w/free systems fitted loads of em..if its a basic system go with these two.... ;)

i am sorry to spoil your mood but the whole topic sucks.

you can not ask "what is the best wireless intruder alarm". it gives out the impression that wireless alarm is good. it isn't.

the topic should be something like "what wireless intruder alarm is least crappy"

even simpliest wired alarm is better than finest "state of "art"" wireless piece of sh. (what is available at the moment before UWB becomes available.)

If you still don't want to make the cabling get some quotes from pro companies at least before you buy wireless "thing"..

i am sorry to spoil your mood but the whole topic sucks.

you can not ask "what is the best wireless intruder alarm". it gives out the impression that wireless alarm is good. it isn't.

the topic should be something like "what wireless intruder alarm is least crappy"

even simpliest wired alarm is better than finest "state of "art"" wireless piece of sh. (what is available at the moment before UWB becomes available.)

If you still don't want to make the cabling get some quotes from pro companies at least before you buy wireless "thing"..

georg is angry and the local cats start to panic... :whistle:

Archived