Security Installer Community

External Wooden Shed

Guest ibruceuk

Guest ibruceuk

Hi,

I have recently added a 10' by 8' wooden shed in the garden. I currently have a Galaxy 16+ system in the house with Rio in an upstairs cupboard. I have pulled through 8core in 2" ducting for the alarm to be connected to zones 9 and 10 in the Rio. The shed zones are on Pt 3 of the system and all user codes are unable to disarm Pt 3 except one that can ONLY disarm Pt3 so the shed stays alarmed unless specifically disarmed.

My question is what detector to fit inside the shed. I am fitting a magentic to the door but I obviously want motion detection also. The shed has windows all down one of the 10' sides and a single window on the front next to the door.

I was thinking a dualtech or a Adaptive Temperature compensation PIR. Which would cope better with the range of temperatures experienced in a shed?

Thanks in advance for any help.

There's only 1 DT i'd recommend and that's the Napco CS100.

It will cope well with extremes of temperature, even down to -10.

post-1-1129592625_thumb.jpg post-1-1129592637_thumb.jpg

The others may suggest a few more options, but currently this is the only one I know to that works below zero.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

I would have to agree with dave on this one.

I have fitted loads in garages and other realy bad environments and never get any problems from them.

QFA :yes:

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

Guest security.eng
Hi,

I have recently added a 10' by 8' wooden shed in the garden. I currently have a Galaxy 16+ system in the house with Rio in an upstairs cupboard. I have pulled through 8core in 2" ducting for the alarm to be connected to zones 9 and 10 in the Rio. The shed zones are on Pt 3 of the system and all user codes are unable to disarm Pt 3 except one that can ONLY disarm Pt3 so the shed stays alarmed unless specifically disarmed.

My question is what detector to fit inside the shed. I am fitting a magentic to the door but I obviously want motion detection also. The shed has windows all down one of the 10' sides and a single window on the front next to the door.

I was thinking a dualtech or a Adaptive Temperature compensation PIR. Which would cope better with the range of temperatures experienced in a shed?

the napco or rockonet are both excellent dualtechs have fitted many, which ever you chose remember to fill all entry holes for cables etc, otherwise false alarms can occur due to insect entry, have been to a couple were they are filled with little black flies !!

Guest security.eng
Hi,

forgot to mention the rokonet i-wise dt goes down to -20 www.rokonet.com

Guest ibruceuk

Thanks for all the replys!! I just need to order one now!

RICHL : I'll try and post a piccy tomorrow if I can find the camera.

Yeah, I'm doing it myself on the Galaxy 16+ I installed throughout the house.

Guest Raymond

I'm soon to be in a similar situation, but with a large garage rather than a shed. It has 3 smallish windows, two roller shutters for the vehicle doors, and a uPVC glazed pederstian door. I'm wanting to ass this to my Galaxy panel, but I was unaware I could arrange this to stay protected whilst the alarm is in day mode (ie 'off'). So two questions... (1) Is there a recommended fire detector that will NOT trigger on exhaust fumes, and (2) is there a low-temp tolerant 360 degree PIR around you'd recommend? I'm thinking of having a magnetic on the pedestrian door, the aforementioned 360 PIR and a smoke. Is that enough? I think magnetics on the rollers would be overkill as the PIR would more than cover this....

Archived