Security Installer Community

External Wooden Shed

Guest ibruceuk

Guest security.eng
I'm soon to be in a similar situation, but with a large garage rather than a shed. It has 3 smallish windows, two roller shutters for the vehicle doors, and a uPVC glazed pederstian door. I'm wanting to ass this to my Galaxy panel, but I was unaware I could arrange this to stay protected whilst the alarm is in day mode (ie 'off'). So two questions... (1) Is there a recommended fire detector that will NOT trigger on exhaust fumes, and (2) is there a low-temp tolerant 360 degree PIR around you'd recommend? I'm thinking of having a magnetic on the pedestrian door, the aforementioned 360 PIR and a smoke. Is that enough? I think magnetics on the rollers would be overkill as the PIR would more than cover this....

hi raymond

to answer your questions to overcome your smoke detector problem i have previously installed heat detectors in garages gardtech to one that can be interlinked with upto 12 other units so that when one sounds they all do.follow the link-products-fire

as regards your 360 degree pir i personally would fit 2 dual techs in opposing corners as they are more tolerable to conditions you would find in garages eg. temperature insects mice etc, i would agree contacts on the rollers are not needed also if this area is not to be set or unset locally you could ditch the pedestrian contact as well.

just to confirm depending on which galaxy panel you have you could set this up for group set and have your garage on 1 group and the house on another this would allow you to set unset them independentlyhome

Guest Raymond

It's a Galaxy 60 (REALLY overspecced, but hey it was cheap!), so I'd assume the S/w can cope. What you suggest makes sense - I was really not wanting to double my problems with 2 PIRs when I could half any difficulty with a single one :yes:

Have you any personal prefs for PIRs in such surroundings? And since a smoke detector is out, do you mean one of those heat-rise detectors, or is that problematical for a garage? As it's double skinned with an insualted door and double glazing, I doubt if it would fall below 3C.

Archived