Security Installer Community

Menvier TS700.. :(

The Comet

Take a short piece of alarm cable about 1metre and wire the keypad directly to the panel.

That way you can prove your wiring and be sure that the system functions, if it is okay like that, then use a multimeter and check out the cable from the panel to the remote keypad location. Then refit the keypad and test it.

Did you fit a new kepad cable in place of the screened galaxy cable?

How many zones on the galaxy install and how many are you using on the TS700?

Does the panel do anthing when you press the buttons? does the display change?

Did you default the panel before you started?

If you want to fix this yourself, i would suggest that you disconnect the bell refit the sab link and remove all the aux power connections with the exception of the RKP.

Replace All the fuses with the correct values and then follow the default procedure in the manual and then connect each component one at a time.

Think you'll find its a cable problem to the keypad, either crossed cores or damaged/shorted cores. Im sure that the NETLED keypad displays 8888 when it only has 12v applied. As suggested earlier check your colours both ends and try wiring the keypad to the panel on a short piece of known good cable.

You say you are reusing the original galaxy rkp cable...thats usually only a 4 core belden, you need 5 cores for the menvier.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Yes, i have tried the short wire and it does the same.

I know the galaxy is 4 core, i replaced the wire through the wall with a 6 core peice, and then on the other side of the wall they are connected together (twisted, soldered and then screwed into an electric strip) with an extra cable i added from the control to the rkp, to make up 5 to the control panel.

I did noticed that (when using the short wire), if i pressed in the tamper on the panel, and then powered up and inputed the engineers code, it did silence that time, but the display still showed 8.8.8.8

It seems the sound to from the control to the rkp is fine (Cable D) and the power is fine (A and B). It seems like something wrong with the display as it did accept the code as above.

And yep, i reset to default the first time i got it. and i have also reset to default when this problem begain.. no change.

refit the sab link
.. sab? sorry :blink:

Apart from putting the fuses back in aux and bell, ive done everything you suggested :cry:

Then it sounds like a duff panel or keypad.

Both of which are now obsolete.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Archived