Security Installer Community

Menvier TS700.. :(

The Comet

Hey everyone, i have been reading topics on this forum for ages now and now i need your help.

(a bit of background... i moved into a pub last october, business is going really well ect. anyway.. when we arrived we had rang a local elec. company to come and 'fix' the alarm that was here, as it was powered down (A galaxy 60 :D which i was happy about).. we decided it would just be easier as we were really busy. anyway.. a guy came out and took a look at it all and he said it would need a new battery and a few 'spare detectors'. Anyway he never turned up again.. shortly after i bought us a nice brand new Yale wireless alarm (HSA 3500), and fitted it easily.. and to this day it works perfectly.. brilliant. Anyway, as time has gone by i have had time to look at the galaxy..i powered it up and decided it would be easier to get another panel to replace it (we want a panel to pretect the flat up stairs,vibration sensors and panic buttons in the pub, which are not avalible on yale wirless. so i thought a little panel like the TS700 will do........)

I recently (last week) bought a Menvier TS700.. came with the LED RKP (horrid lol). anyway.. i replaced where the galaxy panel was as all the cables were there and a switched fused spur (Yes i did say switched :huh: ) And installed the rkp downstairs. I had been wiring the componants on and i must of picked up the wrong wire when wiring the componants power supplies.. as the aux fuse blew. i replaced it with the bell fuse and carried on.. it was all going really well but the rkp fuse blew at some point.. so i just left it for that day and thought, i will buy some more soon.

I went to power it up today, just to program some bits in. I swapped the blew rkp fuse with the aux fuse, so the bell and aux fuses are out but the rkp would still work, which is all i wanted. so i powered it up but the rkp is showing the standard 8.8.8.8 so i thought i was just a cable out but i have checked all the cables to and from the panel but they are all connected.. yet when powered up.. all the rkp shows is 8.8.8.8

Any idea why :S i cant see any reason.

sorry i have wrote a bit :P got a bit carried away :whistle:

Lee

well when i powered it up, all i got was a non stopping beep from the keypads and nothing on the screen. and the wiring was a mess. then there was the fact i wouldnt be able to access it as i didnt have any codes (it used to be contracted to //.National Installer.//). i still have it tho.

i would love to use the galaxy 60 but i was getting no where after turning it on

A Menvier 700 is the same as Galaxy 60, Dave :P well at least in the eyes of the DIY installer. :lol:

Did you check the connections in all the detection devices and remove all the resitors from them. did you check for joints between the the devices and the panel possibly where the colour codes have been changed.

I would personally suggest that you get an engineer involved and this is not a straight swap and for that matter using a fuse from another position on the board is very bad practice and will lead to further problems.

Did you get the panel new or from ebay etc, do you know it was working when you bought it?

What part of the country are you in? One of the engineers on the forums should be able to assist you further.

Colin.

And have you followed the correct power up procedure..?

Page 14, of the Installation manual.

No I'm reffering to the Menvier TS700, see page 14 of the installer ,manual.
A Menvier 700 is the same as Galaxy 60, Dave
Got me wondering about you for a few seconds Colin.. :rolleyes:

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

I bought it from a friend, he removed it from his old house. it was working perfect when i first installed it.. it was just after i was installing more componants a few days later (yesturday and today), now the keypad displays 8.8.8.8

As you said, its not a straight forward swop, and i do know of the connections that need changing and rewiring. its just the part of the keypad im having trouble with.

Im in peterborough, east midlands.

Archived