Security Installer Community

"From Technical Terms to Kit List...."

Guest Dobbin

Dont mount dualtechs within a metre of each other, the microwave can go through walls and up to a metre backwards and they can interfere with each other.

Your garage will need contacts on it for entry/exit. If you are putting a keypad in there you have 2 zones inside the keypad.

You should also put an extension speaker in the garage, if you are using LCDLP keypads there is a speaker output in the keypad if not run a seperate cable.

The cable should ideally be run underground and protected by ducting which should run from INSIDE the house to INSIDE the garage, this will help to prevent water ingress, also any would be burglar would not know where it runs.

If running above ground it should run in tubing, ideally steel or aluminium and there should be no access points.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Guest Dobbin

Maverick.

I'm not sure what you mean?? What are Sky hooks and what does a long weight from wholesalers mean?

Dobbin

Hi Dobbin,

Yup, electrical interference and the like, also avoid pointing detectors at false alarm sources like boilers or fires.

For the garage you will probable find that an extension speaker isn't required and getting cables to the garage can be achieved in several different ways.

You can buy a special external cable that is protected by a tough over sheathing or you can bury it in conduit or suspend it. Whichever way you choose it needs to be mechanically protected from damage (both malicious and accidental).

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

Guest Dobbin

Maverick

I think our posts crossed (so to speak!). Were you taking the p**%% out of me? I think you might have been. Anyway thanks for clarifying.

Antinode and breff

Thanks for the advice. Keep the PIRs at least a meter away from each other. Probably not in the manual that one.

Dobbin

Not PIRS only Dualtecs with microwaves

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Not PIRS only Dualtecs with microwaves

63010[/snapback]

And remember that metal surfaces (mirrors for example) reflect microwaves and microwaves actually detect through thin walls, glass, etc.. So check the manual for proper detection range. Also never point PIR's so that they can see the window. 93% of normal headlight of the car (for example) is pure heat which may trigger the PIR. Also Sun reflections from some type of curtains (lost in translation once again :roflmao: but i mean those that are made of thin metal "slices" and you can turn them up and downwards)

Archived