Security Installer Community

"From Technical Terms to Kit List...."

Guest Dobbin

I think that if you had the level of content value in your house that demanded Redcare GSM then your insurance company would have insisted on it.

63148[/snapback]

Dobbin,

I dont mean to stop you in your tracks, but the important bit in all of this is insurance, if you are going to have a high value of contents insurance then your insurance company will insist on either monitoring or a intruder alarm system (IAS) installed,monitored and maintained by a approved company.

I would check before you go any further with your insurance company, i hate walking in to job saying sorry but this job is not to the correct standards we have to re-wire it and put things right, and iam saying this to the person who has installed it.

Just check with your insurance company, before you spend your money.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

Guest Dobbin

Hi

I have just had a couple of quotes for the DIY alarm system specified on my first post on this thread. Apparently I need a zone expander (8 extra zones) because I am using more than the 8 zones that come with the control panel. Is that right (looking at my kit list)? Do the remote keypads need their own zones? WHich of the devices I have specified need their own individual zone?

Kit

1 x Control Panel

4 x Sensors

1 x Battery 7.2ah 12V Lead Acid Battery

2 x Door contact

1 x Panic Button

2 x Smoke Detector

1 x Cable 8 core reel 300 mtrs

1 x 3A unswitched fused spur

2 x Remote Keypad

1 x Proximity Keytags

1 x Internal Sounder - Twin Piezo Sound Bomb

1 x External Sounder - bellbox

1 x Dummy Odyssey 2e Bellbox

1 x Speech & Text Dialler

1 x PC Connector - 1 x Wintex USB ConnectorWintex USB Connector

1 x PC Software - 1 x Wintex Software Wintex Software

THanks

Dobbin

WHich of the devices I have specified need their own individual zone?

63244[/snapback]

All detection devices should be on their own zone, so 1 zone per device.

If the other guys agree because (I'm not sure of a reg which deals with smoke detectors on a domestic intruder non CS monitored system) but assuming that one of your door contacts is a final exit and one is a alarm door, if you can wire your two smoke detectors in series on to one zone then you should get away with an 8 zone controls but wait for input from other guys here who deal with intruder smokes on a regular basis before going that way I'm sure some helpful guys with the knowledge will post soon. :yes: Paul.

All detection devices should be on their own zone, so 1 zone per device.

63247[/snapback]

Just read this! is it correct guys what about up to 10 non indicating devices on one circuit as it used to be is that out of the window now?and two domestic smokes on one circuit is that ok or not, I realise best practice would be one item one circuit but is it a written requirement? :-| Paul.

OOPS just re-read this and think that "detection devices" did not include door contacts if so please disregard comment on 10 non indicating devices but what about the smoke detectors?

I realise best practice would be one item one circuit but is it a written requirement? :-| Paul.

63251[/snapback]

Not here, but indication of activation should be latching in the device.

BUT if you use EOL/DEOL circuits and use two PIR's tell me how are you going to wire it without any NC loop in either of the detectors.. That would drop grading here to bottom just next to wireless **** which is quite true with UK regulations as well.. (+ the new EN50131 thing)

Archived