Security Installer Community

Dantech 12V DC Power Supply

Hi,

Currently we are using DA397 and DA665/8 (12V, 0.5A, 8 ports, Dantech from Gardiner Security). It is a very good product. However, we have a number of incidents where the fuses were blown and we had to send expensive engineer down to just change 1 fuse.

We are wondering if there is a more customer friendly power supply out there. We are looking for these additional features,

- A separate compartment where the customer can have easy access to them (without have to unscrew and next to the live wires)

- Individual led light for each of the 8 output, and ideally can be seen by the customer from the outside without opening the box.

- 12V regulated power.

- It does not have to be wheather-proof, as we only use it in indoor environment.

Any help would be very very much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Edward

Fuses blow for a reason and this will happen in other power supplys, you may have a faulty piece of equipment that is drawing to much current, do your engineers check the current drawn on commissioning the system.

Fuses are saftey devices designed to protect equipment.

And we have never had a problem with Dantech PSU, i would check the install and current draw first.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

Hi Edward

I cant think of anything off the top of my head that matches your description,

but if you would like to use the same spec power supply but with external fuse holders led indication and mains on/off switch then I can modify the Dantech PSU's for you if that is any help?

Hi,

Currently we are using DA397 and DA665/8 (12V, 0.5A, 8 ports,

61502[/snapback]

0.5A how many cameras do you power from this ? and what is the camera draw of each camera, if you have 8 cameras at 200ma (most average internal fixed dome) then no way is 0.5A enough, i bet the PSU are running hot.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

0.5A how many cameras do you power from this ? and what is the camera draw of each camera, if you have 8 cameras at 200ma (most average internal fixed dome) then no way is 0.5A enough, i bet the PSU are running hot.

61511[/snapback]

12v 0.5A per Output, so it will be a 4Amp PSU

If it's the same one we use then try using the 4x 1Amp output version which we switched over to after a couple of fuses kept popping in the 8x 0.5Amp version. Wouldn't be something silly like cameras with built in infra red led's would they? Using something like 200-300mA typical in daytime but a whole lot more at night when the infra red's kick in.

egg03064.gif

If it's the same one we use then try using the 4x 1Amp output version which we switched over to after a couple of fuses kept popping in the 8x 0.5Amp version.  Wouldn't be something silly like cameras with built in infra red led's would they? Using something like 200-300mA typical in daytime but a whole lot more at night when the infra red's kick in.

61534[/snapback]

QFA

Fuses blow for a reason Edward, changing to another brand wont make any diiference if your overloading the output. Are you powering external housings with them also?

Another moan...

Check the current drawn from the output. Fuse will blow for a reason, time delay fuse replacement minght be an option if it's only ir's firing up etc or a minimal surge of power. I wouldn't uprate the power supply to 1amp per output for the fun of it or it may damage the equipment. With the indicators, simple, wire a 12v led to each of the outputs then if they go out the fuse has blown :whistle:

However the engineer will have to mount these on the lids unless you can do it in store..... however as you've already got a "good engineer in my area" he won't have a problem with this and has probabally already made these suggestions to you, so I'll just wind my neck back in and get on with my own installs :whistle::whistle:

CCTV Intruder Access Control

Tony Hughes, Proprietor,

TRADE MEMBER

Archived