Security Installer Community

T shaped CCTV connectors

sparky83

Umm would agree the way that you have been doing it the best with the loop through. It's better practice however the t's will do the job, leave the shortest termination off and the far monitor at 75ohm and it should be ok. I personally would stick with the loop through as it's "better practice" but have used them in the past when needed to add another monitor. Don't use them to split a cctv singnal from a camera as your asking for trouble, avoid this unless you are extreemly desperate as 9 times out of 10 it'll go bottoms up!!, Watch all the ropey ones now say they do it all the time!!!, I know it's the same difference but I'd personally draw the line at the monitors :ninja:

CCTV Intruder Access Control

Tony Hughes, Proprietor,

TRADE MEMBER

I see so my boss is kind of right lol I was only wondering because we've been using the flat LCD computer monitors as CCTV monitors using the VGA converter boxes because they work out hell of a lot cheaper than buying flat screen monitors with built in composite connectors. Just you cant do loop through doing it this way. Only problem is that you have to keep turning on the power button on the converter everytime they switch the mains off!

Trade Member

Only problem is that you have to keep turning on the power button on the converter everytime they switch the mains off!

61463[/snapback]

What a surprise, useless tat from LJD. :rolleyes:

Ive yet to see a lcd monitor that give good picture and does the camera/lens justice.

Personally a CRT monitor would be better but you would still have the same problem and for the price, well you cant whack a good old fashioned CCTV Montitor, they even come with a free loop thru connection!

Archived