Security Installer Community

Dennard Speed Dome

Just wondered if anyone has had a speed dome not stopping in the central position.When you look at something straight ahead with joystick camera pauses then slowly moves up till it gets to as far up as it can go the only way i've found to stop it doing this is to unplug it let it go through it's self test then it'll work no problem for 2-3 days?

Trade Member

Is it the only PTZ on the system??

If so its probably the joystick.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Im not an expert with Dennard domes, clearly the above mentioned situations are likely. I suspect your using down the coax telemetry so not so sure if this could be a cause but....

I have found drifting to be caused by unscreened or incorrectly terminated screened telemetry cables (ie data/belden) or more likely induced voltage being picked up at the head end?

That was my thinking that it was induced and unplugging and reconnecting clears it and yes it's telemetry is done down the co-ax only a short run approx 30m between joystick and camera

Trade Member

Your first job in the morning should be to ring Dennard tech help then!

Ive just checked the dennard webby site but other than a manual theres not much help support wise. Is it a 2060 dome? and if so have you checked the troubleshooting guide, small as it is it may be helpfull.

Two points relevant i think, one being continous spinning is a keyboard calibration problem. Intermitent control is down to gain control needs adjusting which sounds quite likely!

Yes Dome is a DD2060-210 and keyboard is a KBS3 i knew i'd writen it somewhere i've not had spinning dome or dome keep moving left,right or down once joystick stops being pressed only the up,thanks for the pointers

Trade Member

Archived