Security Installer Community

Looking for programming info for an LG GDK 70+

Guest jpsc

Guest projectfocus

I am not sure how to get hold of the firmware anymore. The place I used to work burnt the chips there. I am not sure how you could get hold of the firmware now. I would say you would have to talk to a reaseller of LG stock to get it now.

I am not sure how to get hold of the firmware anymore.  The place I used to work burnt the chips there.  I am not sure how you could get hold of the firmware now.  I would say you would have to talk to a reaseller of LG stock to get it now.

65525[/snapback]

I've just bought a secondhand GDK 162, if the firmware is more recent I'll swap the processor boards. I presume all settings are stored on the boards and I can just swap back to restore the prevoius setup.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest projectfocus

that is true but if you go up a few firmware levels it will ruin the programming. Say from level 1 to level 5 will give major issues.

that is true but if you go up a few firmware levels it will ruin the programming.  Say from level 1 to level 5 will give major issues.

66695[/snapback]

I'm talking about swapping the entire MPB complete with MPU, so both the firmware and programming move, allowing me to experiment with one board and instantly switch back to a known good setup when I need to.

Any it turns out that the firmware in the s/h system is B.0Kf and has no WTIB/DECT support (B being earlier pre-release software than E I suppose, even though the date is later).

Archived