Security Installer Community

Looking for programming info for an LG GDK 70+

Guest jpsc

I did not think it was but it is more when the handset is regestering that you set the type.  You have to register the 2 at the same time.

62748[/snapback]

Is it not possible to register DECT extensions in their own right, or do they always need to be twinned with a wired handset?

To save you alot of time setup the system with all of the cards and turn it on with the dip switch 8 off.  Then power it up and then turn it on.  This will initialise all of the default settings for you.  You will need to have a Keystation in the first port that will have over 30 flex keys to be able to do all of the programming but a 24 button will do for most features.

60633[/snapback]

OK, I've got an LKD-30D. I replaced the 12 button that was the programming terminal but can't program the flex buttons 25-30, do I need to tell the system it has a different handset? (I've tried just turning it on and off)

Guest projectfocus
Is it not possible to register DECT extensions in their own right, or do they always need to be twinned with a wired handset?

63260[/snapback]

No they can be there own extnsion number. You can twin them if you wish

Guest projectfocus
OK, I've got an LKD-30D. I replaced the 12 button that was the programming terminal but can't program the flex buttons 25-30, do I need to tell the system it has a different handset? (I've tried just turning it on and off)

63502[/snapback]

It will update all of the settings for the phone when a new type phone is added. All of the flex key programming will be lost but the speed dials will still be there.

It will update all of the settings for the phone when a new type phone is added.  All of the flex key programming will be lost but the speed dials will still be there.

64177[/snapback]

Looks like it isn't recognised. I can't program speed buttons 25-30. I even tried sw8 to reinitialise (I wanted to start again anyway) and it is still the same, but I can live with it.

Guest projectfocus

He you tied to access it through programming for the station flex button assignment. I think it is Trans 19 but cant be sure it is arround that figure anyway. This will show the direct programming for the buttons. What it could be is that you can't reprogramme the buttons from the station as there is a programming step to unlock to allow user to overide co button flex key programming. Can't remember the code for that either as I dont have the manual on me at the mo.

He you tied to access it through programming for the station flex button assignment.  I think it is Trans 19 but cant be sure it is arround that figure anyway.  This will show the direct programming for the buttons.  What it could be is that you can't reprogramme the buttons from the station as there is a programming step to unlock to allow user to overide co button flex key programming.  Can't remember the code for that either as I dont have the manual on me at the mo.

64610[/snapback]

No go unfortunately. It only gives option of pressing keys 01-24 and triple beeps on the others. I think it must be a software limitation.

Guest projectfocus

I can't remember the firmware version you have but there was a limitation as there was no such thing as 30btn for a long time after the system was released. Seem strange though. I thought that it must have include this in the early firmware anyway. Especialy as you can use dect.

I can't remember the firmware version you have but there was a limitation as there was no such thing as 30btn for a long time after the system was released.  Seem strange though.  I thought that it must have include this in the early firmware anyway.  Especialy as you can use dect.

65002[/snapback]

My firmware is "LGE/GS86P-E.0De NOV/97", but given the DECT problems I am having...

How easy is it to get hold of more recent firmware?

Archived