Security Installer Community

Looking for programming info for an LG GDK 70+

Guest jpsc

Guest projectfocus

If you want to talk about this sort of programming and you have MSN then we could discuss this on there. I used to be a technical support engineer for the LG kit and know a fair bit about the workings of the systems.

To save you alot of time setup the system with all of the cards and turn it on with the dip switch 8 off.  Then power it up and then turn it on.  This will initialise all of the default settings for you.  You will need to have a Keystation in the first port that will have over 30 flex keys to be able to do all of the programming but a 24 button will do for most features.

60633[/snapback]

I'll do the DIP switch thing tonight when I plug in all the boards together for the first time.

I have a KD-24D that came with the system, and must have been used for programming originally.

Would it be worth my while getting an LDK 30, there is one here on eBay

The first thing you will need to do is check the country code though.  For the UK it should be 44.  I believe it all runs on the code of the dialing for the country.  If this is changed it will default the system so always check this first.

60636[/snapback]

How do I check the code?

Lots of progress tonight, plugged in things as planned. Before resetting with DIP 8 decided to see what's there in the original programming.

On powerup display shows:

12BTN-LCD

DOS DKTU V0.8

which looks very promising (2 line display)

Then settles down to:

STATION 100 (T)

the correct date and the time pretty well exactly an hour out

Looks like a real time clock is running on GMT, again very good news.

At this point I switched DIP 8 and powered down and up again, it doesn't seem to have made any difference. There is a RESET button too, should I have used that too at some stage? Anyway I am now running again with DIP 8 off.

I have verified that the DTIB ports go from 100-111 and the SLIB ports from 112-123, I can't test the WTIB because I have no base station yet but there are green LEDs flickering on the board.

When I dial 9 it seizes slot six line 6 (at least it is labelled LED 6) and the display shows LINE 18. If I busy this with another 'phone then I get LINE 17, etc. Why lines 17/18? I can only have 12 lines in the system so I would have expected 11/12. I've checked the amphenol connectors and they only connect to slots 5 and 6. I am beginning to think that the TJF I got with the system is not the one it was installed with as I can't reach slot 6 line 6 with it. Someone has connected every other pair, so only the odd lines are on the krone strip (similarly they have connected every pair in the extension strips, and only every other one is useful).

If I unplug the LCOB from slot 6 then on dialling 9 I get CO LINE G01 BUSY (I presume group 0 line 1). Strange numbering but I buy your lowest group, highest line statement. Unplugging slot 5 is OK. I haven't tried busying all 6 lines on slot 6 because I don't have enough phones connected yet, I wonder if slot 5 goes from CO 12 down to 7.

I am going to redo all the amphenol connections to make all the exchange lines available (and get rid of the waste of space in the extension wiring).

This brings me to the question of how the powerfail relays should be wired. As far as I can see there are three ways of doing it:

One is to connect the CO pair coming in to the centre of the changeover and have it change between an SLT extension when there is no power, and the input to the LCOB when powered.

The second way is to connect the SLT pair to the centre contacts and have it change between the CO feed into the LCOB and the extension pair out when powered.

The third way (which I know will obviously work) is to have a dedicated powerfail extension which is switched to (like in case one), but there is no simultaneous connection to the PABX output.

I have three CO lines which means I can use all three powerfail relays, but I would rather not waste three phones just for this. Is it possible to use way one or way two from above, and if so which is better? To have a dead extension output across the powerfail instrument, or a dead input, or are they always isolated by relays on the cards so it doesn't matter. If it does, can I fake something up with privacy adaptors, I have a pile of them.

That's a lot of questions, I hope I'm not overstaying my welcome.

sorry forgot to mention the dead group is 49

To do this is

Trans *#

Trans 32

Flex Key 1

dial 49

Hold/Save

Hangup

60638[/snapback]

Tried this exactly as above, when I got to enter 49 it was prompting ENTER STA RANGE but wouldn't accept it. I wonder if it was the 0406 in the light of the line numbers I have got (7-18?).

The first thing you will need to do is check the country code though.  For the UK it should be 44.  I believe it all runs on the code of the dialing for the country.  If this is changed it will default the system so always check this first.

60636[/snapback]

I think I am OK on this, I have muddled my way through the menus and found MPB VERSION DISPLAY which gives:

LGE/GS86P-E.0De NOV/97

UNITED KINGDOM

so I think I'm OK on the country front.

This ties in with the E.0De scrawled on the program block

If you want to talk about this sort of programming and you have MSN then we could discuss this on there.  I used to be a technical support engineer for the LG kit and know a fair bit about the workings of the systems.

60639[/snapback]

Thanks very much. I don't have MSN, but are you based in the UK?

Guest projectfocus

Right I am not sure where to start. I am from the UK yes.

If it is saying united kingdom on the display this is a good thing. But I would still say check that the dialing tone is normal for UK when you pickup the handset as this is normally the biggest givaway that it is set to the wrong code.

When first installing a system there are the things you have to do first to save confussion. First is the country code then it is the slot assignment. Make sure they are in the right order and that you only have the slot assigned that you are using.

This will make sure that all of the line and sta numbering are all OK.

It looks like you are running a provisional software version 5. this is a good version and should have lots of features that you will be using with the WTIB. You may even find that there is a WTIB section as part of the slot assignment.

Right now I will takle the other questions.

Guest projectfocus

A LDK30D is the best one to use for programming as it has all of the flex keys you will need for any programming function. The 24D will work but only give you the first 12 flex key options.

Guest projectfocus

Dip switch 8 has to be to the left and all of the others to the right to allow the programming to stay I am not sure if that is the on or the off position. This will hold the programming changes that you make. 1 way to test is to make a simple change in the programming say a flex key on the first station and reset it. if it holds the programming you know you have it in the correct position.

Archived