Security Installer Community

Looking for programming info for an LG GDK 70+

Guest jpsc

Guest jpsc

Tried searching here, but GDK is not a word this BBS will look for.

The circuit boards are all labelled GDK 162 and I think all the above systems share the same backplane and card cage. I have seen reference to a GDK 70 to 186 upgrade kit which I guess is a new or extension cabinet.

I plan to plug in a display 'phone to the first digital extension port and one CO line for testing. I think I've figured out most of the physical wiring with help from the 'net but the next thing I need is programming information, what the 8 dip switches on the system board do and if I can use the RS232 port there for programming?

Is there anything available on the web?

--

John Cooper

Guest projectfocus

The was a knock down version of the i62/186. Some of the later ones where actually in the same case but with the ports glued to stop people from plugging extra cards in. The cards are the same for both the systems. On programming the only dip switch you need to worry about is number 8. This will need to be on the on possition to hold the programming on reset. If this is not done every time the system is powered down you will loose all data.

digital port 1 is the programming port and it will need a 30 flexkey phone it it to programme all of the features.

It is possible to use programming through the RS232 but it will require GDK admin software to do so.

Guest projectfocus

I do have programming info and have commissioned lots of LG kit in my time so if you need some help just ask

I do have programming info and have commissioned lots of LG kit in my time so if you need some help just ask

59796[/snapback]

That is very good of you.

I have nearly all of the hardware in place to test (just waiting for a DECT base station from Oz).

The configuration I will have is

MPB

MSIB

DTIB

SLIB

WTIB

empty

LCOB

I will connect a digital display phone to the first port on the DTIB, an exchange line to the first CO port, and an ordinary phone to the first port of the SLIB.

How are xtn numbers assigned? are they dynamic or according to slot and port number? I have seen reference to nos 700 onwards, but don't know any more.

--

John Cooper

Guest projectfocus

They are assigned down to rack assignment. This can be changed but in default it will run from lowest to highest in the slot assignment.

So the DTIB will be the first station ranges in default. Automatically it will assign a ext range of 100 - 291. There are other numbering plans you can use but they will change the layout of the whole flexible numbering plan. They can be used on 2 main layouts. Default and extended. Extended numbering was mainly used if you had to go with high nuber keystation assignment.

The CO Lines are also assigned and in default all availiable will be assigned into the first CO Group.

Guest projectfocus

To save you alot of time setup the system with all of the cards and turn it on with the dip switch 8 off. Then power it up and then turn it on. This will initialise all of the default settings for you. You will need to have a Keystation in the first port that will have over 30 flex keys to be able to do all of the programming but a 24 button will do for most features.

So the frst digital port is 100, wher I plug in my display, and cards are therefore:

DTIB 100-111

SLIB 112-123

WTIB 124-129

I'll try that.

I only have three CO lines so I won't be doing any grouping

Guest projectfocus

The first thing you will need to do is check the country code though. For the UK it should be 44. I believe it all runs on the code of the dialing for the country. If this is changed it will default the system so always check this first.

Guest projectfocus

The WTIB will have more extensions than that assigned it will do I think 32 numbers. It will depend on the addition of expansion cards on it. WTIU.

The CO lines will need to be grouped still. Well you will need to put all un-used co lines into a unused group. The phones will alway select lowest availiable group highest availiable line. So you will need to move lines 4,5,6 into a dead group.

Guest projectfocus

sorry forgot to mention the dead group is 49

To do this is

Trans *#

Trans 32

Flex Key 1

dial 49

Hold/Save

Hangup

Archived