Security Installer Community

Good idea or not

I have noticed a number of complaints about LJD on the site. I have used their equipment on occassions and in general, if used on the right application it is OK if a little basic. However as nearly all say their support is ****! Perhaps we should give them the opportunity to reply or at least see what people really think of them. Maybe if they saw this they might get their ass in to gear and sort themselves out!

John

When LJD came along everyone was amazed at how low there prices were, was it because they were offering value to customers, whereas Norbain and the other distributors were simply ripping us all of? The answer as everyone now knows is NO.

If we all installed systems without offering any guarantee or backup we could do them for next to nothing and undercut any rival.

If LJD do not improve there service then customers will leave them, but to do this they will have to raise there prices I think, which puts them in the same boat as the existing distributors out there.

What we should also think about is do they value our custom? Or are they simply in the industry to make as much money as possible and then leave us all with lots of equipment and no back up?

It's down to them to find out what's being said about them especially if its public, if they don't like it then they have the opportunity to argue the point.

I recently had a conversation with CS lilin who mentioned their main competitor was Norbain, In my opinion CS Lilin do provide budget equipment and from the people I have spoken to that use CS Lilin equipment are happy with the products and the service they provide. As for Norbain well the equipment they supply is generally high end professional equipment and not really budget and their service is as it should be.

I'm not saying LJD don't have a place in the CCTV market, but with their competitors providing better equivalent products, along with an outstanding customer support behind it, why bother using a company that poorly supports the low end equipment they supply?

I have used their equipment on behalf of other companies and can't say I was impressed and I'm only going on the information supplied by others on the forum (which I trust as correct) about their service.

an //.National Installer.// Install engineer informed me today that they have been installing the lithium range of Dvr from LJD in Job centre's accross the UK. //.National Installer.// buying from LJD .not sure wether I beleive him or not

chris

Trade Member

As Mr Kingswood said "Dont forget the 6 P's when installing.....Proper Preperation Prevents P*** Poor Performance!!!"

John Kingswood(alais Nobby), Paul Earl Ltd 1985-2006

an //.National Installer.// Install engineer informed me today that they have been installing the lithium range of Dvr from LJD in Job centre's accross the UK. //.National Installer.// buying from LJD .not sure wether I beleive him or not

chris

58271[/snapback]

//.National Installer.// and job centre's, doubt it as Intial have the contract for 10 years and are the only supplier for intruder, cctv and access that are allowed on these sites due to the company that owns the buildings (Land Securities Trillion) only uses Initial, we know because we had some of the job centres in the northwest and had to hand them over, well sell the systems outright.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

chris

58271[/snapback]

Yup!

its true they are buying from them, only some items, and I would imagine price and not quality was a main factor.

58273[/snapback]

Nope!

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

//.National Installer.// and job centre's, doubt it as Intial have the contract for 10 years and are the only supplier for intruder, cctv and access that are allowed on these sites due to the company that owns the buildings (Land Securities Trillion) only uses Initial, we know because we had some of the job centres in the northwest and had to hand them over, well sell the systems outright.

58277[/snapback]

I recently did some CCTV work in a couple of Job Centres and it wasnt for any of the above companies youve mentioned. (It was new installations including connecting up existing equipment)

58277[/snapback]

They are in the process of acquiring ALL the centres.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Perhaps we should give them the opportunity to reply

58266[/snapback]

We have, it's an open forum, some members of LJD have joined and done nothing to try and disprove the theory that they are just box shifters who have no idea what they're doing and don't really care.

or at least see what people really think of them.

58266[/snapback]

They can see that, again, no response to disprove what is said.

Maybe if they saw this they might get their ass in to gear and sort themselves out!

58266[/snapback]

LOL!

Archived