Security Installer Community

Good idea or not

//.National Installer.// and job centre's, doubt it as Intial have the contract for 10 years and are the only supplier for intruder, cctv and access that are allowed on these sites due to the company that owns the buildings (Land Securities Trillion) only uses Initial, we know because we had some of the job centres in the northwest and had to hand them over, well sell the systems outright.

58277[/snapback]

Initial only do the Intruder. Just finished one in Worthing for them 2day(and 7 others over the past 2 years). //.National Installer.// do the CCTV and Wire Free Panics in Job centres Plus buildings. And Nightglade subcontract to Group 4 for the CCTV and ACCESS in Benefit agency buildings. Group 4 set the alarm remotley via Tewksbury ARC and Access system called AGIS trips a relay which trips keyswitch on galaxy.

Anyway back to the subject......

chris

Trade Member

As Mr Kingswood said "Dont forget the 6 P's when installing.....Proper Preperation Prevents P*** Poor Performance!!!"

John Kingswood(alais Nobby), Paul Earl Ltd 1985-2006

Well my experience with LJD was as follows;

We needed two 5A psus and one 1.5A psus.

Rang LJD to try them, yes we have the bits, paid by credit card and was promished next day delivery.

Day1 nothing

Day2 nothing

Day3 rang them, was promished a call

Day4 nothing

Day5am rang them to say i was not bloody happy, was promished a call

Day5pm rang them to say please refund me.

They couldnt have been happier! certainly sir we will arrange that for you no problem, no explanation as to why i did not have the goods or a call???

Will never use them again.

Paul

PG Security Systems

Somerset

SSAIB Certificate of Merit Installers.

www.pgsecurity.co.uk

Sorry chaps I havent worked out how to put your quotes in to answer the but I imagine you know whats I'm on about.

Thanks for the info on LJD seems a bit unanimous, kind of collective I like. Vote with your feet, the marketers and sales managers should pick up soon why their sales are dropping and giving more refunds.

As for Jobcentres/ Benefits Agency alarm company debate, those of us who work or have worked for facilities managment companies know that the choice of contracter is down to the regional manager, sometimes it appears that //.National Installer.// or A.N. Other has the national contract as they may have been lucky enough to have been asked to tender by the regional manager. As Trillion manage the benefits agency the contract has been run by Dalkia, the court service by Planned Maintenance, Railways by Integral ( for those who wish to approach these companies of course) ;)

Bri

trade.gif

Sorry chaps I havent worked out how to put your quotes in to answer the but I imagine you know whats I'm on about.

Thanks forĀ  the info on LJD seems a bit unanimous, kind of collective I like. Vote with your feet, the marketers and sales managers should pick up soon why their sales are dropping and giving more refunds.

As for Jobcentres/ Benefits Agency alarm company debate, those of us who work or have worked for facilities managment companies know that the choice of contracter is down to the regional manager, sometimes it appears that //.National Installer.// or A.N. Other has the national contract as they may have been lucky enough to have been asked to tender by the regional manager. As Trillion manage the benefits agency the contract has been run by Dalkia, the court service by Planned Maintenance, Railways by Integral ( for those who wish to approach these companies of course) ;)

58344[/snapback]

My firm is subcontract to Dalkia, who in turn work fo LST, We have a very large contract servicing & installing the fire systems in the DWP's & JCP.

Dalkia say jump and we say how high! We get called out to the most stupid things, Anyway we work along side //.National Installer.// & Initial with these contracts, //.National Installer.// install the Fire & CCTV systems, then after the 1 years warranty is up we take the systems over! Initial keep the intruder systems, but we service and maintain the CCTV,Fire,Access & Panic systems for LST.

We even maintain there head office on London Wall.

Chubb Service Engineer

F.M Companies have habit of making people jump. Some of them are on penalties, which I beleive trillion(benefits agency) charge by the hour. Its usually a 2hr response time, penalties are incurred for the first hour after that and so on.I know F.M. Companies inside out and how they tick, having been lucky enough to be involved with top end managers and directors who like to talk after a beer and a curry ;);)

Bri

trade.gif

• 2 months later...
Guest Gordon

Hi there,

Just a quick note on //.National Installer.// using stuff from LJD. They do, I went to a site recently to check an install that was done by //.National Installer.// and they are using the smaller L*******n DVR system. Having used these before I do know that the are pretty good.

Archived