Security Installer Community

What an interesting week ahead.

Well, i'm in need of a moan. And i'm going to do it here (if thats ok with u guys). :(

There is this rule at our place were only 1 person can go on holiday at once, 2 in extreme cases... Well... that is unless you are the gaffer and your going on holiday with 2 others that work for you and they are related to you. Now there are 3 engineers off at once. In theory, this shouldn't cause a problem. But they want us to bust our asses off all week doing 4 jobs plus squeezing in any faults/rips that may pop up. Well brassed off. :angry:

Also, I've got to be on call this week (so will be proper knackered).

And to top it all off, salesman told 1 of my customers for tomorrow that i will fit a security light that she recently bought for her. :realmad:

Sorry, moan over.

Thanks for listening.

:whistle:

p.s. feel a bit better now.

Trade Member

Personally mate if i was in your position id tell you boss to stick his job where the sun don't shine, he's obviously working all of you to the bone and i would not put up with that. There are plenty of companies out there desperate for good engineers who don't exploit their workers the way your boss clearly does.

Quoted for agreement.

Last firm (family run) I used to work for had a similar rule, except that the family could change the calendar to suit them when things clashed & an Engineer had got his leave in first.

My Senior Eng also worked there & we both applied for leave (different dates) to be told you'll have to wait for it to be approved. We both told them that we'd approved it & it was not open for negotiation.

Funny that, we both didn't last long after that :roflmao:

Get out mate, your worth better :yes:

Chris Teague (Sales & Operations Manager) Sightguard Intruder Division

Covering the Isle of Wight: - Design, Installation, Maintenance & Takeover of Intruder Alarms, Fire Alarms & Equipment, CCTV, Access Control, Nursecall. Keyholding Service, Guarding & Cash in Transit. SSAIB & NICEIC Registered Tel 01983 884000 / 884440

Any comments / opinions posted could be the voices in my head speaking, but they are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

I'm p***ed off too, not for the same reasons.

Got home 17:40

Phone Call at 17:45, goes like this...I'm soo sorry mate but when trying to save you a job by trying to upload/alter/download new information to a site, things got messed up, the panel is now corrupted and will need defaulting so now you'll have to go and re-program the entire site from scratch.

I say WTF, I 've just walked through the front door, my dinners in the oven and it'll be a few hours before I can get to site (50 miles away), he say's ok.

I ring up site to explain why i'll be soo long, he says I'm open t'ill 8pm and you'll get here by then, I say sorry mate but I wont and if yer not prepared to wait for me I'll arrange for the local engineer to attend in the morning, he say's that's not good enough, puts the phone down ranting about phoning someone to complain.

I then get a call from the ARC sayin, he aint waiting for you, when yer 1/2 hour from site call his mobile and he'll come to meet you. It's now 18:50.. :no:

So this idiot is leaving site at 8pm, he lives 1/2 hour away so will be home at 8.30pm, at about then i'll arrive on-site and he'll get back in his car and drive to site probably very annoyed, then i'll tell him i'll likely be a couple hours re-configuring his alarm system and setting up all the areas by HAND on his bloody big Menvier.

I'm leaving in a few mins (with no dinner), I don't expect to be home t'ill after 12..? and if he start's he'll likely get a slapping.. :realmad:

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Dave, the firm I'm banging on about would expect you to leave the dinner & go. They'd take the client's side no matter what you did & you'd get no thanks for it either.

Big deep breath's mate :P

Chris Teague (Sales & Operations Manager) Sightguard Intruder Division

Covering the Isle of Wight: - Design, Installation, Maintenance & Takeover of Intruder Alarms, Fire Alarms & Equipment, CCTV, Access Control, Nursecall. Keyholding Service, Guarding & Cash in Transit. SSAIB & NICEIC Registered Tel 01983 884000 / 884440

Any comments / opinions posted could be the voices in my head speaking, but they are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

Hi Dave,

I'd be looking at my contract and the european working time regulations.

Your entitled to a break after set periods of time.

If I'm on call they wait for me to have my meal or they go without,

4 hour response rule and all that.

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

Hi Dave,

I'd be looking at my contract and the european working time regulations.

Your entitled to a break after set periods of time.

If I'm on call they wait for me to have my meal or they go without,

4 hour response rule and all that.

Regards

Bellman

56846[/snapback]

11 consecutive hours off, between shifts I believe is one of them.

If you don't know......ask.

Archived