Security Installer Community

What an interesting week ahead.

and without opening up a can of worms - from past experience, not having a contract between an employer and employee is not necessarily bad for the employee. If you started with X working conditions, and they have been drastically changed without consultation and especially if the changes are unfair, then the employee has grounds to contest. At the end of the day, no employer wants a bitter employee. Engineers are the ambassadors of the company and are client facing all the time, especially in domestic/small commercial situations. If you are being treated unfairly speak to your boss. If that doesn't/didn't help, investigate thoroughly your circumstances (speak to ACAS). Put your grievances in writing. If things don't work out I suppose you'll have to leave. If you are incessantly unhappy where you are, then you shouldn't stay anyway. Change is not easy for anyone, but sometimes necessary and usually works out better than expected. If you are only moaning for the sake of a moan now and then - then don't rock the boat too much!! ;)

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

I think if you work for a national - then you are even more faceless to them, and may be treated like a serial number :(

56970[/snapback]

Especially if you are one of their customers!! :whistle:

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

Anyway, back to post No 6. He's not back yet is he? Just programming the last few parameters & then............ Crash :roflmao:

I can see a warning or reduction in member status coming :whistle:

Chris Teague (Sales & Operations Manager) Sightguard Intruder Division

Covering the Isle of Wight: - Design, Installation, Maintenance & Takeover of Intruder Alarms, Fire Alarms & Equipment, CCTV, Access Control, Nursecall. Keyholding Service, Guarding & Cash in Transit. SSAIB & NICEIC Registered Tel 01983 884000 / 884440

Any comments / opinions posted could be the voices in my head speaking, but they are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

LOL Got back at 23:45, the owner wasn't on-site on arrival (Shop Shut :realmad: ) and had to wait 35 mins for him..? He looked really miffed when he pulled up, I got out the car looking equally miffed and he said "Hello mate, fancy a cuppa :rolleyes:

Service Engineer, looks like its not just me having a s**t day then. Well, tbh, looks like your was worse.
What made the day worse was that the Gloucester Engineer left on Friday, and guess who's inherited his patch. Flippin idiots, now I have to travel 2 hours just to get to my patch, do a call or two, then drive 2 hours back home..?

It seems a total waste of my time 4 hours to/from work and an hour traveling while in my patch, so their paying me to travel 5 hours a day and work for 2 1/2..?

I can see a warning or reduction in member status coming

Yeah I think it's coming to that time of the month..! Please feel free to NOMINATE yer most annoying Member..?

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Say nothing is best about a service managers logisitcal head. I used to work for a company that would send an engineer 40miles to deliver a quote rather than pay for a stamp because...its only this far on the map and ....youre going that direction anyway.

Bri

trade.gif

Say nothing is best about a service managers logisitcal head. I used to work for a company that would send an engineer 40miles to deliver a quote rather than pay for a stamp because...its only this far on the map and ....youre going that direction anyway.

56995[/snapback]

Or you could look at this way................the engineer is working near the quote address...........quote is hand delivered by a uniformed, polite member of staff, in a nicely sign written car.

Customer then thinks that personal service is parramount within the company and this could be an example of how the company looks at customer service.

Also the neighbours see you and the car...............perhaps even calling up for a quote or remembering the name of the firm, when there system goes wrong.

Customer service is paramount..............personally this should be looked at as a positive, rather than a negative. If an engineer is in the area why not get him a hime to deliver paperwork, you dont know where this might lead too.

Colin.

I know someone, who when his engineer had nothing much to do, would have him deliver letters instead of posting them, just so the engineer didn't sit around doing nothing and being paid! Had nothing to do with company image and customer service. If you give customers preferential treatment above and beyond the normal realm of normality, you may find it back fires on you when you can't provide the same level of service 100% of the time! Time and petrol costs a lot more than a stamp. Now, if it was a very wealthy client........

Or you could look at this way................the engineer is working near the quote address...........quote is hand delivered by a uniformed, polite member of staff, in a nicely sign written car.

Customer then thinks that personal service is parramount within the company and this could be an example of how the company looks at customer service.

Also the neighbours see you and the car...............perhaps even calling up for a quote or remembering the name of the firm, when there system goes wrong.

Customer service is paramount..............personally this should be looked at as a positive, rather than a negative. If an engineer is in the area why not get him a hime to deliver paperwork, you dont know where this might lead too.

Colin.

57006[/snapback]

Bri

trade.gif

57142[/snapback]

Did it wrong again dad!!!

Alarmgard nice thought and sentiment. I think the point here is that they were 40miles away and not anyhwere near on their journey. I agree if you are passing that address a bit of customer courtesy. Its only been in the last few years I've come across smartly turned out engineers ( all members here excluded of course as you are all smartly turned out)with smartly turned out vehicles. Also if you add up the cost of sending that quote by hand, engineers hourly, fuel,n.i.c.,wear and tear on the vehicle.

Every time an engineer gets his screwdriver out its chargeable :yes:

Bri

trade.gif

Archived