Security Installer Community

Help me please...

Guest NT News

I suggest you look at the contract you had with //.National Installer.//, as there is a very good chance the system still belongs to them, and the local company had no right to touch it apart to remove it for collection by //.National Installer.//.

Mark Hawks

Ex BT Openreach Field Service

Now Self employed telecom and data engineer  www.mphtelecom.co.uk 

Also back doing sub contract work in the security industry.

Retained firefighter Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue

I suggest you look at the contract you had with //.Large National Installer.//, as there is a very good chance the system still belongs to them, and the local company had no right to touch it apart to remove it for collection by //.Large National Installer.//.

54295[/snapback]

I didnt want to start this conversation off again, cheers monteey for being the first LOL - This issue has been discussed on here a few times now, it seems //.Large National Installer.// still have title to their equipment even after service has expired as far as Im aware.

Most (not all) are leased so the Control Panel and signalling equipment still belong to //.National Installer.//. Check your contract and it will state which it is.

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

Guest NT News
I suggest you look at the contract you had with //.National Installer.//, as there is a very good chance the system still belongs to them, and the local company had no right to touch it apart to remove it for collection by //.National Installer.//.

54295[/snapback]

Yes I checked that in the first place, When I brought the shop the alram activated I called them to turn it off, I told them if they dident turn it off I would smash it off the wall... lol... "trying to get a free call out" they said go ahead do it because it's yours... lol.... my comments backfired... the previous owner purchased the system.

£140 was a non contract call out.

Ive gone form contract  to pay as you go, My monthly use was 4 calls = £2 and £15 rental just dident make sence to stay with a contract,

54281[/snapback]

Have you called your phone company to see if you can still keep the same number on pay as you go?

Fair enough mate,

but a few things spring to mind.

1, the Galaxy manual that covers your system dosn't cover ANY of the other galaxy range, so from this you have the wrong manual.

2, you cannot hard reset the galaxy 8. without the eng code.

3, as was stated earlier, you will make matters much worse by defaulting it.

4, the galaxy 8 dosn't support sms txting.

Regards

Bellman

Guest RICHL

if you sell ciggys in your paper shop I would expect your insurance company to insist that the system is monitored and maintained.

Here's an idea for you. Post location and see if someone on here is willing to come and sort it for you for a reasonable fee if you've fallen out with the current guys. As for some of the other comments, engineer codes are put into systems because it safegaurds engineers programing and stops jo public messing about with things they don't know, then when the alarm doesn't go off they blame the alarm co.

If we gave our codes to jo public then they'd have access to all our systems and would be able to mess up everyones alarm systems with that particular company. Basically if the customer is happy with alarm co then they use the thing day to day, have it serviced and everyones happy. If they're not they get someone else in to do the job. If jo then wants do sort their own alarm out then they should at least be able to do the job themselfs and know how to crash the panel..... if not then they don't know what they're doing and should stay well away. I might change the oil on my car and airfilter etc but i'll let someone mot it for me and do the other bits and bobs. People who don't know their stuff should cling to their feather duster and use it frequently around their pir's and give them a wipe using a soft damp cloth :roflmao: . Stick to the cloth kidder...... you can't go wrong!!!! :police:

CCTV Intruder Access Control

Tony Hughes, Proprietor,

TRADE MEMBER

Guest NT News
Fair enough mate,

but a few things spring to mind.

1, the Galaxy manual that covers your system dosn't cover ANY of the other galaxy range, so from this you have the wrong manual.

2, you cannot hard reset the galaxy 8. without the eng code.

3, as was stated earlier, you will make matters much worse by defaulting it.

4, the galaxy 8 dosn't support sms txting.

Regards

Bellman

54314[/snapback]

No sure if this has worked I have put the cover of the programming manual as an attachment.

Yes bellman I fully understand, all that happens is when the alarm is activated, the shop calls me MB and the word shop alarm shows on the screen, because the number is in the phone book. no need for sms.

Regards

Neil

New_Microsoft_Word_Document.doc

Wrong manual mate.

The //.National Installer.// version of the panel has custom firmware in it and that manual is incorrect.

Regards

Bellman

Archived