Security Installer Community

Help me please...

Guest NT News

Sorry I thought this group was DIY Alarm Installers that me exactly,  my e-mail ad is at http://www.ntnews.co.uk/  for any information.

regards

54232[/snapback]

It is, but we cant give out certain information to jo-public i.e. non-trade. This isnt us being nasty its down to the security issue. Also As Pete said the panel you are trying to default is deffinately not a DIY panel sorry.

Dave.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest NT News
It is, but we cant give out certain information to jo-public i.e. non-trade.  This isnt us being nasty its down to the security issue.  Also As Pete said the panel you are trying to default is deffinately not a DIY panel sorry.

Dave.

54234[/snapback]

I fully inderstand, The reason why I want to cold start the pannel is to change the my mobile phone number that the pannel calls, I did pay an engineer to change it 6 months ago, I just dident want to pay for such a simple change again that should only take a few minuets to do.

Regards

So if you have the manuals then surely you can just change the number you need to without defaulting the whole panel??

I fully inderstand, The reason why I want to cold start the pannel is to change the my mobile phone number that the pannel calls, I did pay an engineer to change it 6 months ago, I just dident want to pay for such a simple change again that should  only take a few minuets to do.

Regards

54237[/snapback]

It would only take a few minutes if you have the Engineer code, but if you cold start the panel you will need to re-program the full panel...

Which will take more then a few minutes :whistle:

There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

I fully inderstand, The reason why I want to cold start the pannel is to change the my mobile phone number that the pannel calls, I did pay an engineer to change it 6 months ago, I just dident want to pay for such a simple change again that should  only take a few minuets to do.

Regards

54237[/snapback]

Sorry to say, if you cold start the panel and its a Galaxy, its gonna cost you a lot more to put it right coz sure as eggs are breakable, your gonna have bigger troubles than wrong phone numbers.

Guest NT News
Sorry to say, if you cold start the panel and its a Galaxy, its gonna cost you a lot more to put it right coz sure as eggs are breakable, your gonna have bigger troubles than wrong phone numbers.

54244[/snapback]

The alarm company told me the engineers code six months ago on the phone, after paying them a call out fee. like a fool I dident wright it down, I called them again Friday and now they say they cannot remember the code.

Maybe it's just a money thing.... I'll call them again in the morning and pay by switch the call out fee just for the code. I bet all of a sudden the will remember what they sent in my pannel.

im on the wrong business money for information and no actual call out.

Regards

The alarm company told me the engineers code six months ago on the phone, after paying them a call out fee. like a fool I dident wright it down, I called them again Friday and now they say they cannot remember the code.

Maybe it's just a money thing....  I'll call them again in the morning and pay by switch the call out fee just for the code. I bet all of a sudden the will remember what they sent in my pannel.

im on the wrong business money for information and no actual call out.

Regards

54248[/snapback]

Alarm Companys tend to stick to a set Engineers code, or a series of them per area etc. So for them to forget the CODE would mean that they cannot service any of there alarms..... :)

Watchdog Security (Manchester)

I would certainly not disclose the engineers code on one of my systems, because it would then be public knowledge and a security risk - TBH unless the code was unique to your panel (I doubt it) then really, they shouldnt have given you the code anyway :(

Guest NT News
Alarm Companys tend to stick to a set Engineers code, or a series of them per area etc. So for them to forget the CODE would mean that they cannot service any of there alarms..... :)

54249[/snapback]

Im not daft either... lol... youre right on the nail thats why I dident want to pay them any more. it's sort of stalemate. or I deal with another alarm company, they too will have to cold start the pannel.

I have 30 days left on my mobile phone contract, so im in no rush to get the number changed It just means I have to carry two MB phones one just for the shop at night.

Guest NT News
Im not daft either... lol... youre right on the nail thats why I dident want to pay them any more. it's sort of stalemate. or I deal with another alarm company, they too will have to cold start the pannel.

I have 30 days left on my mobile phone contract, so im in no rush to get the number changed It just means I have to carry two MB phones one just for the shop at night.

54253[/snapback]

Yes I live just round the corner from the alarm shop and because we too are a business I got to know them and they disclosed the code, I have to support you in what you say, it was there mistake in the first place, but now I want them to make the same mistake again.... but they wont... lol

Archived