Security Installer Community

Great Tool

Guest aechlin

I have to agree with brian on this 1. I have personally used both and the CMT2 Lid rules every time. It makes a great fish. Also if it aint long enough, u simple tape another to the end (I always have 2 in the tube for this purpose. Get a nice hook on the end too. Gets me everywhere!!!

Trade Member

I'm pretty sure the rods would snap first. You can bend lid over double and it won't snap.

Dont try it with the trunking on sale at B&Q, it shatters very easy.

As for the rods they do snap but they tend to splinter at first before snapping. For bigger stuff like cable tray and basket i use drain rods for pulling cable, also excellent in burgess type ceilings in Tesco etc, just put a bend in one and an empty pop bottle on the end.

Guest G.J.M

using them for about three years now called Easy Rods.

Simple but invaluable invention.I wish i had thought of them first.

Watch out for the fibre glass splinters though :cry:

I used to use trunking lids till I bought the rods from City Electrics - ÂŁ19 per set - saved more than that in knackered trunking in the first few days - excellent bits of kit.

Fire Member

:new_rofl: at Bri. Hey, at least you can leave it under the floor when finished :whistle:

Chris Teague (Sales & Operations Manager) Sightguard Intruder Division

Covering the Isle of Wight: - Design, Installation, Maintenance & Takeover of Intruder Alarms, Fire Alarms & Equipment, CCTV, Access Control, Nursecall. Keyholding Service, Guarding & Cash in Transit. SSAIB & NICEIC Registered Tel 01983 884000 / 884440

Any comments / opinions posted could be the voices in my head speaking, but they are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

Brian have you got the extra bit for the end ??

The bent bit of coat handger taped on the end of the lid. :w00t:

48205[/snapback]

Tell me the colour of the tape and I will be worried!

:w00t:

If you don't know......ask.

I had a set of rods but i found that the brass screw ends come of very easy, especially when taking your cable off.

I did get them for City's though , so wot should I expect :roflmao:

Trade Member

As Mr Kingswood said "Dont forget the 6 P's when installing.....Proper Preperation Prevents P*** Poor Performance!!!"

John Kingswood(alais Nobby), Paul Earl Ltd 1985-2006

Archived