Security Installer Community

Great Tool

Guest aechlin

CK VDE Redlines side cutters - top kit.

CK VDE screwdrivers as well - I always put an extra bit of tape around the edge of the blade where the insulation ends - it can help to stop shorting out when you are very,very,very naughtily working on panels with the juice still on - of course no-one does this - so why did I even mention it :whistle:

CK VDE Redlines side cutters - top kit.

CK VDE screwdrivers as well - I always put an extra bit of tape around the edge of the blade where the insulation ends - it can help to stop shorting out when you are very,very,very naughtily working on panels with the juice still on - of course no-one does this - so why did I even mention it  :whistle:

50064[/snapback]

:rolleyes: Of course :whistle:

• 3 weeks later...
great Tool for stripping Fire Cable which i could not do without now is the Firecel CBL.

53382[/snapback]

FPT - 200 GOLD almost strips itself doesnt it??

You cant go wrong with CK screwdrivers and cutters. Mind you I found the older CK squarer handle screwdrivers better quality than the new Seso-plus and far better than the cheaper triton range.

As for Draper VDE the handles are far better for holding than anyone elses screwdrivers and that includes CK, but the tip quality is again poor which I am sorry to say seems to be the norm for Draper.

cheers Kev

You cant go wrong with CK screwdrivers and cutters. Mind you I found the older CK squarer handle screwdrivers better quality than the new Seso-plus and far better than the cheaper triton range.

As for Draper VDE the handles are far better for holding than anyone elses screwdrivers and that includes CK, but the tip quality is again poor which I am sorry to say seems to be the norm for Draper.

53404[/snapback]

I wouldnt use draper for a trade job, you should know better mate ;) - you could make a hy-brid screwdriver out the two :)

I got some of them cable quick rods from screw fix last week.

Should have got them years ago as they have saved that much time already.

53450[/snapback]

OK then youve all talked me into it, im going to get a set with my next order now LOL ;)

EG: Bell wire drill in at angle into cav and push 3 or 4 rods up go up into loft and hey presto its there no more messing around with your head in the soffet with a coat hanger trying to hook your fish.

I got the 10m pack for £20.00 well worth it.

EG: Bell wire drill in at angle into cav and push 3 or 4 rods up go up into loft and hey presto its there no more messing around with your head in the soffet with a coat hanger trying to hook your fish.

I got the 10m pack for £20.00 well worth it.

53466[/snapback]

I used to use, curtain wire, the stuff you hang your nets with, used to work a treat as its pretty flexible, but still firm.

Dean

Watchdog Security (Manchester)

Archived