Security Installer Community

Great Tool

Guest aechlin

Ive got both of these amazing tools, I also sometimes use a drain cleaner thing, its like a flat metal tape that rolls up like a tape measure but stiffer.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Evening all, well, I bought this cable access tool from Screwfix months back when they first had them in. It came in the post, got extreemley excited about it and it was left in the garage for a year or so untill yesterday!!! Im sure you all have these tools, but it is brilliant. There I was re-routing the kitchen RKP cable into a void that contains the waste stack, just made the job so easy.

I have included a picture of it for your visual pleasure  :blush:

48158[/snapback]

I've been using these for years, never leave home without them. On my 3rd pack now, I have a habbit of leaving tools on site (not all the time). Good bit of kit. very handy for pulling in cable down the cavity to a Mag lock mounted on door frames! In fact, Very handy all round.

Chubb Service Engineer

Guest aechlin
I had a set of rods but i found that the brass screw ends come of very easy, especially when taking your cable off.

I did get them for City's though , so wot should I expect :roflmao:

48245[/snapback]

Thats easily sorted, enscrew the threads and apply a drop of of thread lock, they will never come out then :yes:

got a set of these from b+q brilliant for feeding sab cables between outside and loft

also great under floors no need to lift as many boards an fantastic under the newwer chipboard floors ;)

Rods.

I've got just about every type of fish wire available, including the one on the reel. Mine's hardened steel and it's a nightmare for getting it straight for a long open run. For trunking and tube it's fine.

I've compacted my set of in car fishing eqpt. to;

Set of 12" rods.

Short length of suspended ceiling suspension wire.

Long length of string.

Soon to be a 1m set of rods.

A 10m nylon pull wire for conduit wiring.

Mmm, Im looking at the 1m rods, over the 350mm ones, CPC seem to do some good ones, however, you cant beat a bit of trunking for (over the ceiling tiles) cable runs.

Whiile where on the subject of tools, I presume that most of you use Knipex cutters. If so, where do you find the best place to get them, prices vary sooooo much.

Also looking for a good set of VDE screwdrivers as my last lot are getting somewhat worn.

Regards.

Mark

secure4.me.uk digital cctv

I've always used CK VDE side cutters. Takes some beating.

Screwdrivers, depends what's on offer but again the CK ones are good quality. I've had some cheaper ones in the past that bend and twist a bit too easily.

I just pick them up from whichever electrical wholesaler I'm in at the time.

Archived