Security Installer Community

Pyronix KX Series Quad

Hi people,

Re: My product choice for new installations, Ive been purposely testing a Pyronix KX quad in my unheated garage for a while (2 weeks) and had no probs so far.... Then I noticed the slagging the mere word Pyronix gets on this forum.

Working for others we've always used Gardscan PIRs, not even quads in the early days, and according to customers had next to no false alarms (I always ask on Services).

Now that I am going it alone, and I know this might sound like a very silly question, should I stick to the Gardscans? My system at home uses Optex though, again no (non cat locked in room related) false alarms ever...

Arghhh, the mental struggle of choice :rolleyes:

I don't know why I suddenly chose Pyronix. I guess I would actually prefer to use Optex but wondered if the new ones were still as good, mine are about 10 years old now! (Panel having been replaced about 5 times since :P )

thanks again,

Stu.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Guest RICHL

Pah Optex smoptex!

We've just moved to the Scanny 420s - definately the choice domestic detector for the more decerning installer :P - all of the benefits with none of the clicking (and costs less too).

Guest securityconsultant
Pah Optex smoptex!

We've just moved to the Scanny 420s - definately the choice domestic detector for the more decerning installer  :P  -  all of the benefits with none of the clicking (and costs less too).

43105[/snapback]

You gets what you pays for wen it comes to detection but on the plus side the kx do have a sexy blue led customers like them

And there not that bad they just go to sleep a bit

Pah Optex smoptex!

We've just moved to the Scanny 420s - definately the choice domestic detector for the more decerning installer  :P  -  all of the benefits with none of the clicking (and costs less too).

43105[/snapback]

Hmm, I think I might give them a go following a bit more bench testing, the EOL option could be a nice timesaver. Maybe I'll set one up in the conservatory on a log only and see what happens when were out all day...

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Hmm, I think I might give them a go following a bit more bench testing, the EOL option could be a nice timesaver. Maybe I'll set one up in the conservatory on a log only and see what happens when were out all day...

43178[/snapback]

We use them (not as good as RX40) but one housing for all products. EOL dream. Free screen printing, fits over the mess left by most other detectors. And the price is right.

Jef

Customers!

We use Optex Rx 40 at 60 a month and never send any back.

Pete

43190[/snapback]

Agreed Pete,

The Optex is a good solid detector.

They never give me any trouble and look neat.

I have had issues with Pyronix kit recently which is a shame as the old enforcer / magnum were fairly reliable detectors.

I do like napco D/T's though. shame their not a tad smaller in size. :(

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

43178[/snapback]

Casa, very similar logo to case security?

Was that your old company?

Paul

PG Security Systems

Somerset

SSAIB Certificate of Merit Installers.

www.pgsecurity.co.uk

Casa, very similar logo to case security?

Was that your old company?

Paul

43298[/snapback]

Uh oh, I see a court case coming on here! (not for using a similar logo

but perhaps the vast amounts of money 'I' owe Paul !? :whistle: )

Nope, not guilty. I did a good check and believe the names

unique. There is a USA Casa Security but thats it I think.

Probably a few in europe too!

Surpised that noone has accused me of nicking the BET groups logo.

Which they only got from chance by buying out Rediffusion, who nicked it from

the RAF HQ building anyway! Anyway, Victor Lewis Smith owns Rediffusion

Television Productions and all the brand rights and he is a great fan of mine so wont be complaining.

Stu.

Archived