Security Installer Community

Deep Fakes and cctv

Whats the thoughts on how this may affect cctv

ie if defence case uses same footage and changes the face to the defence KC etc

I notice a lot of diy type cameras only ave footage in mp4 format not in a native secure format.

'I was deepfaked by my best friend' - BBC News

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

47 minutes ago, james.wilson said:

Whats the thoughts on how this may affect cctv

ie if defence case uses same footage and changes the face to the defence KC etc

I notice a lot of diy type cameras only ave footage in mp4 format not in a native secure format.

'I was deepfaked by my best friend' - BBC News

This occurs already tho right ? don't you watch movies?

Having listened to the podcast already it's not related, images came from social media.

It will take a defence lawyer to get the evidence thrown out on possible deepfake grounds, for change to happen.

If you handle evidence properly with decent kit it shouldn't be an issue.

This is why to be admissible in court the recordings have to be in original format and watermarked. MP4 is okay for minor crimes where in most cases the crim puts his hands up when he sees the footage because he doesnt know the rules. But if you need evidence that sticks it must be in original format

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, PeterJames said:

This is why to be admissible in court the recordings have to be in original format and watermarked. MP4 is okay for minor crimes where in most cases the crim puts his hands up when he sees the footage because he doesnt know the rules. But if you need evidence that sticks it must be in original format

Althought it doesn't have to be in original format aslong you can prove the audit trail , then no watermark needed either , atleast that what I have seen

50 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

Althought it doesn't have to be in original format aslong you can prove the audit trail , then no watermark needed either , atleast that what I have seen

i dont think thats right Al, downloaded of a mobile phone app, then sent to a pc to be stored on usb or dvd etc. No-one does it right unless the maintaniner is asked to download the footage

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

1 hour ago, james.wilson said:

i dont think thats right Al, downloaded of a mobile phone app, then sent to a pc to be stored on usb or dvd etc. No-one does it right unless the maintaniner is asked to download the footage

I guess so, these days they just take the nvr or dvr with them and that's there trail lol