Security Installer Community

ADEMCO MICROTECH GALAXY 8 PLUS CP171 compatability

49 minutes ago, james.wilson said:

yeah should do

I assumed the OP was making a simple solution complex...

I've never seen the decorative keypad in the flesh, normally the beef with changing stuff is the cost of painter & decorator 🙂

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

On 28/02/2024 at 18:41, MrHappy said:

I assumed the OP was making a simple solution complex...

I've never seen the decorative keypad in the flesh, normally the beef with changing stuff is the cost of painter & decorator 🙂

Yeah apparently it was offered as a customer option by the company that "took over" the 3 year old ADT alarm that had been installed by the buile=ders when houses where built in 2000 

On 28/02/2024 at 17:05, james.wilson said:

that looks like a 16 plus. Pretty limited and very basic panel. Is obsolete but if its been looked after is useable.

Or put a flex or a 2-20 in its its place. YOu can then reuse your keypad but id update your detection, bell etc

Yeah it says 16+ on the large chip in the middle of the PCB

Hi

Thank you all for your advice.

We've decided to replace the ageing GALAXY 16+ and ditch the idea of trying to keep the existing keypad as I can't find any installers willing to fit any Galaxy products.( only Visionic/Scantronix/Pyronix Euro 46 have been mentioned)

I'll be getting a system professionally installed and hopefully utilising existing cabling (prewired when house was built in Year 2000)

Looking to get all existing motion sensors/Door contacts/Keypad and siren replaced, essentially we need a 4 zone wired system with 3 PIRs 1 door contact,  no monitoring or fancy Apps required.

Would be grateful for your recomendations for a reliable basic alarm to meet those requirements please.

Cheers 

Col

I'd be surprised a house with a flush keypad fitted would only need 3 sensors...

If your having a company in it's no good recommending kit, they will use what they support.

If you found somewhere reliable that supports Galaxy then less repair work.

Usual recommendation is 3 quotes, go with the place that makes you feel the most comfortable NOT just the cheapest.

1 hour ago, Colin1208 said:

Hi

Thank you all for your advice.

We've decided to replace the ageing GALAXY 16+ and ditch the idea of trying to keep the existing keypad as I can't find any installers willing to fit any Galaxy products.( only Visionic/Scantronix/Pyronix Euro 46 have been mentioned)

I'll be getting a system professionally installed and hopefully utilising existing cabling (prewired when house was built in Year 2000)

Looking to get all existing motion sensors/Door contacts/Keypad and siren replaced, essentially we need a 4 zone wired system with 3 PIRs 1 door contact,  no monitoring or fancy Apps required.

Would be grateful for your recomendations for a reliable basic alarm to meet those requirements please.

Cheers 

Col

Hkc 

SIA secure it all

https://secureitall.co.uk/