Security Installer Community

ADEMCO MICROTECH GALAXY 8 PLUS CP171 compatability

HI

Are there any modern systems that are compatible with the sensors keypad etc on the above alarm?

After replacing the back up battery , blown fuse and the keypad I got an error code 80474.

The company that installed it/converted it from an ADT system (fitted to all the houses on the estate when built in 2000) are unable to access any engineer codes and have written off the system as old and obsolete.

The Mrs wants to keep the keypad in the hall downstairs as its behind a custom panel.(picture attached)

I'm looking for sugestions to replace the control board with a more modern system but keep the motion sensors door contacts etc that are already wired (appx 23 years old but still working fine with no false alarms)

Is that possible and if so anybody on here local to Coventry/Solihull that could give me a quote?

Thanks in advance

Col

IMG_20240215_165323_387.jpg

a modern galaxy would work with that keypad. The code on the disply is an anticode and will need to be disabled. Any company should be able to do that.

A equipment upgrade would be a good idea anyway due to its age.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

On 26/02/2024 at 17:10, james.wilson said:

a modern galaxy would work with that keypad. The code on the disply is an anticode and will need to be disabled. Any company should be able to do that.

A equipment upgrade would be a good idea anyway due to its age.

We called out the company who's name is on the bell box out front of the house and they  tried multiple engineer codes but could not get the system to reset.

Appreciate its time to get a modern system but as mentioned my partner wants to keep the stainless panel.

House is a 3 bedroom semi with 3 wired Motion sensors ,1 wired door contacts and external bell box.

How do i find out who can supply fit new Modern Galaxy system and is that option better than the "Euro 46" alarm they have quoted for with a different keypad??

Thanks in advance for your help 

1 hour ago, Colin1208 said:

Appreciate its time to get a modern system but as mentioned my partner wants to keep the stainless panel.

its a galaxy keypad, will work with any galaxy panel from now back to the old classics.

1 hour ago, Colin1208 said:

We called out the company who's name is on the bell box out front of the house and they  tried multiple engineer codes but could not get the system to reset.

they should be able to reset the whole programming. Whats the sticker on the panel say, im assuming its a gal 8 or 18. Maybe a 16+ either way its resetable but i would upgrade everything but the keypad if i was you.

unless they just fit enforcers or ajax, if so id find another approved co that supports galaxy. 

12 minutes ago, james.wilson said:

its a galaxy keypad, will work with any galaxy panel from now back to the old classics.

they should be able to reset the whole programming. Whats the sticker on the panel say, im assuming its a gal 8 or 18. Maybe a 16+ either way its resetable but i would upgrade everything but the keypad if i was you.

unless they just fit enforcers or ajax, if so id find another approved co that supports galaxy. 

IMG_20240202_175714_181.jpg

that looks like a 16 plus. Pretty limited and very basic panel. Is obsolete but if its been looked after is useable.

Or put a flex or a 2-20 in its its place. YOu can then reuse your keypad but id update your detection, bell etc