Security Installer Community

Adam

ACM1988

Hi there

Had a new ISP sorted a few months ago, and ever since then the alarm has not worked, just keeps popping up with random error codes.

Originally, the alarm was connected to an internet signal extension port in the one the rooms upstairs, so when the new ISP went Live I changed the name on the extension to exactly the same as what it was when the alarm was connected to it, which solved half the problem - the alarm will work despite error codes still occuring. However, I cannot get into the Texecom app, not enter my options menu on the panel.

I spoke to the guy who fitted the system originally and it sounds like he needs to come and reset the system so it picks up the new IP address and whatever else - surely there must be an easier fix that I can do myself? I regularly swap ISPs to get the best/cheapest deals, and I can't expect the installer to come round every 12 months just to do a reset. Besides that, he seems to have suddenly dropped off the face of the earth and hasn't spoken to me in 6 months so if it's something I can sort myself that would be fab.

You don't mention much about the system, I'm assuming it's a Texecom Elite with a Smartcom and that it's connected with Wifi.

If so and you have replaced the router as per what the ISP have said then yes it's very likely a new router will require the Smartcom reconfiguring.

If the system was setup with wired Ethernet it should remove this issue.

Sounds like you also need a new installer if unreliable, the app is tied to the installer they are not end user serviceable. Although suddenly and 6 months in the same sentence seems odd...

52 minutes ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

You don't mention much about the system, I'm assuming it's a Texecom Elite with a Smartcom and that it's connected with Wifi.

If so and you have replaced the router as per what the ISP have said then yes it's very likely a new router will require the Smartcom reconfiguring.

Sounds like you also need a new installer if unreliable, the app is tied to the installer they are not end user serviceable. Although suddenly and 6 months in the same sentence seems odd...

Yeah it is an Elite with Smartcom, connected with WiFi.

I just used him as it was someone a family member recommended, but if he had told me something as simple as changing my ISP would require him to come round again and reconfigure the system I probably wouldn't have gone ahead with it.

I'll look up another installer and see what can be done, cheers.

1 hour ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

Does the texe allow user to connect to new isp or WiFi connection via user menu?

2 hours ago, ACM1988 said:

I just used him as it was someone a family member recommended, but if he had told me something as simple as changing my ISP would require him to come round again and reconfigure the system I probably wouldn't have gone ahead with it.

Its not a consumer product...

I do 3 different "app" products

The one with chargeable app, can have the SSID & Password changed by the end user.... however if you need an underscore of similar "_"  your knacked 🙂

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

2 hours ago, al-yeti said:

Does the texe allow user to connect to new isp or WiFi connection via user menu?

nope, horrid wifi portal on 192.168.2.1 protected with a changeable password

also the controls are normally registered to the installer...

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

5 hours ago, ACM1988 said:

if he had told me something as simple as changing my ISP would require him to come round again and reconfigure the system I probably wouldn't have gone ahead with it.

I mention this to customers they rarely remember until they call to say it's not working...

It's the same for any equipment that serves your services to the internet. CCTV is another example.

Just copying the SSID and Password doesn't always work for all equipment, the cipher type maybe different on the new router so you can have issues. Best to remove the device and reinstall.