Security Installer Community

Greetings from Australia

Grego

you 'could' make it work but it wont be right. Id want to use something addressable thought could use your existing cabling. Not sure what kit you have available where you are but id use a hkc panel and new contacts that would allow upto 10 devices to be uniqely identified. 

There used to be something called iD thought would of worked for you but is now obsolete. Honeywell have v-plex but ive never used it

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

8 minutes ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

DEOL (Double End of Line), will never work correctly without the shunt resistor across the zone in the device.

You will also not find a panel that supports much more than 3 devices via DEOL.

Your current system is SEOL which you could get away with that.

Thank you for the explanation. My ability to add the shunt resistor to each reed switch is near impossible, given the cabling was roughed in during construction. 18 years ago when we constructed the house I would have done the cabling in a much different way had I known. Given where I am, I figured SEOL would likely be the only way to go. And telling my wife I need to pull apart each window isn't an option 🤣

5 minutes ago, james.wilson said:

you will need to replace the contacts on the windows at some point. Id assume you have a 6 core or 8 core cable at each window

Sadly it was a 4 core basic cable, that was run inside the window frames whilst the house was in frame stage. I am older and some might say wiser now... but that doesn't help me deal with what younger me installed

I'll go with SEOL for now, and whilst I agree with the expertise on here that the approach I am planning on taking is not ideal, unfortunately right now options are limited.

GalaxyGuy who supplied me the FX100+ system would be horrified with the setup I am sure🤦‍♂️

9 hours ago, Grego said:

Sadly it was a 4 core basic cable, that was run inside the window frames whilst the house was in frame stage. I am older and some might say wiser now... but that doesn't help me deal with what younger me installed

I'll go with SEOL for now, and whilst I agree with the expertise on here that the approach I am planning on taking is not ideal, unfortunately right now options are limited.

GalaxyGuy who supplied me the FX100+ system would be horrified with the setup I am sure🤦‍♂️

Use one of these at far end and link two windows , perhaps you can seperate them this way rather all the windows on one circuit 

Just now, al-yeti said:

Use one of these at far end and link two windows , perhaps you can seperate them this way rather all the windows on one circuit 

https://www.citysecuritysystems.co.uk/honeywell-dodt8m

• Thanks 1

While we're talking zones. I've begun entering zone information into my system, but I am stuck on what to define each zone? See below, this is taken from the Galaxy Flex Installer Manual.

Galaxy_Flex_Zones.jpg.5370044b6fb4d0c38638fff7cc5b4e90.jpg

My requirements are extremely simple. I will have several zones for windows, PIR's, and some for doors.

So might the windows be set as 03 = Intruder? And what zone type might the PIR's be set, especially the PIR's that oversee the front and back doors?

The front door will have a keypad, and the internal garage door will have a keypad, so I assume those doors will need to allow entry... so might they be assigned the zone type of 07 = Entry.

Question for the professionals on here... are there standard zone types you use, and under what circumstances do you use them?

All advice appreciated.