Security Installer Community

New External Sounder For Use With Paragon Plus Panel (wired)

Hello,

I'm searching for a new external sounder + strobe to work with a Paragon Plus wired alarm system, as the existing unit is faulty (the SAB module has died ☹️) and to get into the box I'll have to butcher the cover as the new soffit is hard up against the cover so I can't remove it ?

The Panel Spec. is as follows:

BA:  Negative Trigger

B+:  12v supply

B-:    0 volts

BT Bell Tamper (-ve return)

Max Current:  0.5A

STB -ve:  negative trigger

STB +ve:  12v supply

Max Current:  0.5A

Is a Pyronix Deltabell a suitable option please, and if so which variant would be the one to go for - I notice there are Deltabell E, Plus and X on offer (have I missed any?) but am unsure of the difference between them (apart from price).

Also, is there anything to be aware of regarding wiring?

I installed and programmed the existing system myself so changing the box is fine - I just need a little guidance with a suitable unit as Alarm systems have moved on a little since the mid 90's....

Many thanks

Brian

Hi Brian Welcome, any branded sounder will be suitable replacements, but the terminology used  between brands is normally different. 

The paragon is an old panel and was made before Pyronix bought out Castle and so its likely the older panels will have different terminology then later products 

• Thanks 1