Security Installer Community

Orisec Engineer code stopped working

macca4848

I've been adding bits to an Orisec system, however the 4-digit engineer code has stopped showing up the engineer menu.  I know it's the right code because it recognises the 4-digits, but makes an error beep on the last digit and doesn't open up the menu - any ideas?  back working on it tomorrow

2 hours ago, macca4848 said:

I've been adding bits to an Orisec system, however the 4-digit engineer code has stopped showing up the engineer menu.  I know it's the right code because it recognises the 4-digits, but makes an error beep on the last digit and doesn't open up the menu - any ideas?  back working on it tomorrow

Did you change the code?

Power cycle it?

3 hours ago, macca4848 said:

Have you set COTD to on

6 hours ago, al-yeti said:

Did you change the code?

Power cycle it?

no I didn’t change.  The remote panel recognises the code as when I enter the 4th digit it  does an error beep and code disappears.  If I don’t enter the correct code the 4th digit doesn’t do anything and I have 4 * * * * on screen until I press enter.  So I know the code is correct. 

Might have to powercycle it, yes

1 hour ago, macca4848 said:

Ahh.  I wonder if I have inadvertently done this….how would I go about getting the code of the day to reverse this.  

Unfortunately you can't   if you have a tag to let you in engineer I can give you a COTD code  the only option is to default and start fresh