Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9600 "CANNOT RESET"

JTP90

Hi all. Had a couple view our house with an estate agent and they touched the alarm box near the door (the one with the 4x c batteries in). This set off the alarm so they called me and then inputted the code to disarm. This worked but when ive got home the panel now says "ALARM ZONE 5" with two orange lights.

Ive tried doing a reset with both the engineers code and my code but it says "CANNOT RESET". Ive also tried killing the mains power and disconnecting the back up battery but when it comes back on it still wont allow a reset and still says the alarm zone 5 with the lights (theres no alarm sound going off however).

Basically i want to reset the system and clear the panel back to normal but this problem is persisting.

Any ideas what i can do?

Thanks

probably pressed the panic button, put the key in and turn it till the little window goes green.

Just a note, if your selling your house its likely that the buyers solicitor will ask about service history, and certificates for the alarm. Its probably not a deal breaker but anything that cam put your buyers off in this climate is not good

4 hours ago, Imnotshankled said:

Just because its old it doesn't need replacement     if it's tested and serviced it doesn't need replacing unless it fails 

youngest 9600 is going to 25 year old, how many 20year phones, tellys ect... do you see ?

4 hours ago, Imnotshankled said:

I find that most estate agents don't give a **** about the alarm system working or not

no there are selling a house, the solicitors & surveyors are the ones which start ask what stuff works & what doesn't

I regularly get orders to get service or repair alarms before they complete the sale of property

• Upvote 1

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

44 minutes ago, MrHappy said:

youngest 9600 is going to 25 year old, how many 20year phones, tellys ect... do you see ?

no there are selling a house, the solicitors & surveyors are the ones which start ask what stuff works & what doesn't

I regularly get orders to get service or repair alarms before they complete the sale of property

I never had that call out before but I have had lots of business where people bought new houses with non functioning alarms 

14 minutes ago, Imnotshankled said:

I never had that call out before but I have had lots of business where people bought new houses with non functioning alarms 

Last week DSC1510 to Euro Mini so the new owner would have a working a alarm,

They had a Risco Dt added to the system in cat5 which just lit up-

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God