Security Installer Community

Hello there...

JonnyB1971

52 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

It's cheap and cheerful tho........ So company doesn't supply you with anything ? Or I guess self employed don't tool up

eBay then sometimes although just as cheap to buy it with updated firmware

I'll have another sesrch for it.  Yar, company won't pay for it...if I were self employed I'd just buy it I guess.

5 hours ago, JonnyB1971 said:

Wow, thanks for that.  You found cheaper stuff than I did, well done.

Btw I didn't realise its showing not available, but for the sake of spi key just buy any key for dimension range they all the same , you just won't use the firmware that might come with it 

On 21/08/2022 at 08:26, james.wilson said:

i assume its the remote password in the panel, not the rss program password

How comes spi key not showing available 

8 hours ago, al-yeti said:

How comes spi key not showing available 

I dont know id assume we cant get them. probably best to raise a ticket with admin if your after one, im not in the office till next week sorry

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

44 minutes ago, james.wilson said:

I dont know id assume we cant get them. probably best to raise a ticket with admin if your after one, im not in the office till next week sorry

Was for op , I got rid of all my galaxy now , although I kept one spi key minor bits 

Thank you to all who replied for your insite and help.

May have found a solution thanks to a kind gent named Tim Howard on some other popular social network.

Edited by JonnyB1971

14 hours ago, james.wilson said:

what was the solution?

A tool that enters the Honeywell boot loader via Dimension / G3 RS232 port on boot. The Galaxy boot loader has a menu option to dump or write to memory in double words. The tool holds a list of address locations where the passwords are held (different firmware versions hold the codes and passwords at different offsets), or can also scan all of memory for them which takes longer.  Since these codes and passwords are plain text in memory, it can read them out or clear them.   To enter the boot loader, it does need the panel to be rebooted, so not a back door that compromises the panel. You can do it all manually from TTY, but it would take an age, so the program speeds things up.