Security Installer Community

Hello there...

JonnyB1971

Hi,

Ex telecoms engineer, been playing the Electronic Security game for 2½ years now. Managed to bag myself a copy of HONEYWELL GALAXY RSS software and today encountered an ex ADT site.  We took over the alarm 18 months ago, but I'd never been to this site until today.  I thought I'd take a backup...turns out there's a password stopping me connecting.  Worryingly, after I went through the event log and saw, several weeks ago, a remote rss session doing a database save, I can only assume it was ADT accessing a site that they now no longer maintain.  Is there anyway I can bypass/remove/change this password does anybody know? Thanks

43 minutes ago, JonnyB1971 said:

Hi,

Ex telecoms engineer, been playing the Electronic Security game for 2½ years now. Managed to bag myself a copy of HONEYWELL GALAXY RSS software and today encountered an ex ADT site.  We took over the alarm 18 months ago, but I'd never been to this site until today.  I thought I'd take a backup...turns out there's a password stopping me connecting.  Worryingly, after I went through the event log and saw, several weeks ago, a remote rss session doing a database save, I can only assume it was ADT accessing a site that they now no longer maintain.  Is there anyway I can bypass/remove/change this password does anybody know? Thanks

Unlikely has password tho

Didn't you just hit enter when it asked for password , or you got scared?

SMH...*rolls eyes*

I have connected to several Galaxys, I am aware that you ordinarily just use the blank password...it didn't work.

Thanks for your input though, very helpful. (I wish there was some form of punctuation to alert the reader of sarcasm).

Unfortunately I don't have the rs232 module or a dumpbox, or SPI key so can't go down that route either, which is why I was here asking a question. Didn't really fancy defaulting the panel just to take a backup...kinda defeats the object eh.  But with the log showing a rogue/unauthorized remote access I figured the issue needs to be addressed.

Sounds like it was a takeover without defaulting panel (dangerous and shouldn't be done Imo) 

As it wasn't defaulted the comms programming is still calling home itself giving the previous provider with full remote access. 

Only way to remove the password is to default. 

Then only you can access etc

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

13 hours ago, JonnyB1971 said:

SMH...*rolls eyes*

I have connected to several Galaxys, I am aware that you ordinarily just use the blank password...it didn't work.

Thanks for your input though, very helpful. (I wish there was some form of punctuation to alert the reader of sarcasm).

Unfortunately I don't have the rs232 module or a dumpbox, or SPI key so can't go down that route either, which is why I was here asking a question. Didn't really fancy defaulting the panel just to take a backup...kinda defeats the object eh.  But with the log showing a rogue/unauthorized remote access I figured the issue needs to be addressed.

So what panel is it exactly, you got picture of label please?

And your also not clear what codes you possess? User only ? Engineer? Master?

9 hours ago, james.wilson said:

Sounds like it was a takeover without defaulting panel

I was thinking the same, if the panel had been defaulted when it was taken over there would be no remote codes stopping you from taking a backup

1 hour ago, PeterJames said:

I was thinking the same, if the panel had been defaulted when it was taken over there would be no remote codes stopping you from taking a backup

Or any access for the previous company

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

8 hours ago, al-yeti said:

So what panel is it exactly, you got picture of label please?

And your also not clear what codes you possess? User only ? Engineer? Master?

Hi,

It's a 520.  Our Engineer code is in, and we know the MGR code. Unsure about user codes, thats another reason I'd like RSS access.

I didn't do the panel take over, I was there as a revisit to service it...I just like to get backups when I can...nobody else in our company uses the RSS software or can be bothered...I just like to because I can, well usually can. Haha

4 hours ago, PeterJames said:

Hi,

By 'defaulted' you mean fully defaulted or just codes?  I tried TimsTool and selected engineer and mgr code defaults...that didn't do the trick.

13 hours ago, james.wilson said:

Sounds like it was a takeover without defaulting panel (dangerous and shouldn't be done Imo) 

As it wasn't defaulted the comms programming is still calling home itself giving the previous provider with full remote access. 

Only way to remove the password is to default. 

Then only you can access etc

Hi,

I didn't do the take over, I'm guessing the engineer who did, just did a code crash.