Security Installer Community

Hello there...

JonnyB1971

4 hours ago, james.wilson said:

Different subject but a takeover should always be fully defaulted and reprogrammed to prevent issues like this.plus you dont know whats sparre off etc.

however timstool?

Tims tool...ah a cool piece of software... I don't think it's actually called that...buy I have seen people refer to it as that.

RE: takeovers, can tou not just crash the codes and then remove comms programming? I mean it's not like anybody can do voicemail freaking from an alarm panel...or can they...duu duu duuuuu!

2 hours ago, JonnyB1971 said:

RE: takeovers, can tou not just crash the codes and then remove comms programming? I mean it's not like anybody can do voicemail freaking from an alarm panel...or can they...duu duu duuuuu!

You can, but that doesnt mean you should, there could be all sort's of easter eggs hidden in the incumbents programming just waiting to bite you in the ass. From rogue user codes to zones put on double knock or areas that are not part of the main system. If your not programming it yourself how do you know that its programmed as it should be 

20 hours ago, JonnyB1971 said:

Hi,

It's a 520.  Our Engineer code is in, and we know the MGR code. Unsure about user codes, thats another reason I'd like RSS access.

I didn't do the panel take over, I was there as a revisit to service it...I just like to get backups when I can...nobody else in our company uses the RSS software or can be bothered...I just like to because I can, well usually can. Haha

So what's rss telling you when you hit enter?

And by now I assume you have bought spi key right ?

11 hours ago, al-yeti said:

i assume its the remote password in the panel, not the rss program password

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

10 hours ago, james.wilson said:

i assume its the remote password in the panel, not the rss program password

Hi, yes I can access the Galaxy tool.  I've created a site. Upon trying to Dial the panel it requests a password as normal, but 'blank password' doesn't work as normal, nor does anything I found on site that may have been a password.

22 hours ago, al-yeti said:

Hi,

It told me invalid password or something of the sort.

Er..no...I don't get paid enough to just go and buy that kind gear unfortunately.

1 hour ago, JonnyB1971 said:

Hi,

It told me invalid password or something of the sort.

Er..no...I don't get paid enough to just go and buy that kind gear unfortunately.

It's cheap and cheerful tho........ So company doesn't supply you with anything ? Or I guess self employed don't tool up

eBay then sometimes although just as cheap to buy it with updated firmware