Security Installer Community

Access control panel wirring with CAT5 photos/tips/sugestions

Cieska

Hi,

I will need to wire up quite few access control panels with mostly all the cables from devices wired with Cat5e FTP cables, well... only supplies for the locks 1.5mm twin cable. Panels itself quite roomy but I'm unsure how to make it look good inside with all those skinny solid strand twisted wires. Is there maybe (at least I couldn't find) a topic in this forum with some install pictures that I could browse? Any one maybe have any pictures for sharing in this topic? Or maybe suggestions? I know it's not end of the world, but I would like to make it nice looking.

Thanks.

Keep the data lines free and flowing make the powers short and together. You will know if you are happy with how it looks if your not do it again. Imo never make cables too short. Im not a dressed fan imo it has to be functional and practical. Stand back after and either be happy or move stuff and redo it

• Thanks 1

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

I wouldn't be stripping the outer sheath at the entry point, which sounds like your hinting at in the post?

Cable anchors for multiples, maybe finger trunking if you have a large cab and lots of wiring, agree with JW there is practical tidy and overboard.

Think about if when your finished it looks like it would be a PITA to add/remove/replace something while still keeping tidy.

• Thanks 1