Security Installer Community

Intellisense Securit 800L query ( after power failure )

I'll try and be brief if anyone can assist please.

Xmas day, major power supply issues due to supplier wire breakage at an external pole. Confounded by those who had been paid to maintain the alarm changing the battery at my request in September due to issues( ie alarm going off after short power outage because battery appeared inoperable  )....except they did not change the battery fuse.

End result, alarm somehow lost all its programming on Xmas day outage. ie. all back to 1234 and no zones etc programmed anymore

I have managed to mostly reprogram it all ok, but in part/night set, "CODE * 0", everything works as intended until I come to turn alarm off in the morning. The first press of the keypad starts the alarm sounder. Final press then de-activates, but the alarm has been activated by this and the panel needs reset.

Zone 3,4,5 are disabled during night set ( programmed as option 3 ), Zone 1 is main entry/exit PIR ( no door contacts fitted ). Zone 1 would be triggered en-route to the keypad in the morning and seems to have fixed programming.

I cannot figure out how to configure the alarm to allow me to reset it in the morning without actually setting the alarm off ?

Thanks..

Firstly, if you are paying for service you really should sort this issue out with the maintainer.

These things are 20+ years old. Loss of programming is a sign of a failing panel the NVM should store this stuff even with power loss.

The fact the battery fuse was popped in the past is worrying but we don't know the history for that from your post.

Maybe a surge has caused damage that needs checking. Stuffing some programming in it and hoping will only have your ears ringing in the future.

Anyway I can only imagine the entry time is 0, but been a long time since I had to mess with the programming on one.

They have Away, Home and Night sets from what I recall, make sure you haven't programmed the wrong ones.

55 minutes ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

Firstly, if you are paying for service you really should sort this issue out with the maintainer.

These things are 20+ years old. Loss of programming is a sign of a failing panel the NVM should store this stuff even with power loss.

The fact the battery fuse was popped in the past is worrying but we don't know the history for that from your post.

Maybe a surge has caused damage that needs checking. Stuffing some programming in it and hoping will only have your ears ringing in the future.

Anyway I can only imagine the entry time is 0, but been a long time since I had to mess with the programming on one.

They have Away, Home and Night sets from what I recall, make sure you haven't programmed the wrong ones.

it is Christmas...I'd guess the so called maintainer are off although I have not phoned.....plus after the battery ( fuse ) issue largely leading to this problem, confidence in them is rather low given they should have remedied it properly when requested to do so in September. Which no doubt that issue was probably due to that blown fuse as there was no battery backup at that time. They did even comment at that time the battery was fine....makes you wonder why they never checked the fuse. Although given the battery would have been flat or at best performing poorly....not sure how they tested it to say it was fine, as I doubt they have a proper load tester.

The Zone 1 detector does pick me up as I go to the keypad, I can hear this ok. But as soon as I touch the keypad, this is what sets the alarm off. It is not the PIR setting it off ( and this is set for 30s )

The power failure on Xmas day was not a simple off/on. It had been going nuts for a few hours, but it did seem this was in part due to the adverse weather...although turns out it was mostly down to the cable breaking at high level at the suppliers pole ( and weather affecting that of course )

TBH, I'm surprised a lot of stuff in the house was not blew up given how bad it was. But eventually around 4am, power went off entirely and then around 8am when I got up, discovered it was only our house that was off and called the supplier to remedy the situation. Which to be fair they were out very promptly and did so.

It has full set and part set on the user keypad. There doesn't seem to be anything to distinguish full/night/part set in that regard. Hence part set has always been night set here. Although instructions do make reference to Full, Night and Home.

1 hour ago, steviesearsringing said:

it is Christmas...I'd guess the so called maintainer are off although I have not phoned.....plus after the battery ( fuse ) issue largely leading to this problem, confidence in them is rather low given they should have remedied it properly when requested to do so in September. Which no doubt that issue was probably due to that blown fuse as there was no battery backup at that time. They did even comment at that time the battery was fine....makes you wonder why they never checked the fuse. Although given the battery would have been flat or at best performing poorly....not sure how they tested it to say it was fine, as I doubt they have a proper load tester.

The Zone 1 detector does pick me up as I go to the keypad, I can hear this ok. But as soon as I touch the keypad, this is what sets the alarm off. It is not the PIR setting it off ( and this is set for 30s )

The power failure on Xmas day was not a simple off/on. It had been going nuts for a few hours, but it did seem this was in part due to the adverse weather...although turns out it was mostly down to the cable breaking at high level at the suppliers pole ( and weather affecting that of course )

TBH, I'm surprised a lot of stuff in the house was not blew up given how bad it was. But eventually around 4am, power went off entirely and then around 8am when I got up, discovered it was only our house that was off and called the supplier to remedy the situation. Which to be fair they were out very promptly and did so.

It has full set and part set on the user keypad. There doesn't seem to be anything to distinguish full/night/part set in that regard. Hence part set has always been night set here. Although instructions do make reference to Full, Night and Home.

Or more like this panel is scrap, there is no contract for your alarm system , that seems clear , maintainer wasnt meant as a person who comes to fix it for you on request only.....

Scrap it 

4 hours ago, steviesearsringing said:

except they did not change the battery fuse.

its a cheapo alarm, if it was proper one it would know the state of the battery & also the battery fuse

you can't prove if if blew recently or blew months ago...

4 hours ago, steviesearsringing said:

End result, alarm somehow lost all its programming on Xmas day outage

the alarm retains all it programming after total power loss, you pcb is fcuked

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

Security is a 24/7/365 industry. Your unlikely to switch maintainers over the holidays but you should have access to your current one if they are approved and it's what your contract provides.

Maybe I am getting mixed up with the 800+ regarding full/home/night. If your getting entry tones from Zone 1 then it's probably not the entry timer then.

I would imagine most people that have fitted them will not have programmed one in years.

Personally with all the previous history you mention I wouldn't entertain trying to re-program wouldn't be worth the time for it to inevitably fail in the future.

1 hour ago, MrHappy said:

its a cheapo alarm, if it was proper one it would know the state of the battery & also the battery fuse

you can't prove if if blew recently or blew months ago...

the alarm retains all it programming after total power loss, you pcb is fcuked

It's an ancient alarm...it is what it is. I can prove it was not working on battery in September...hence why the engineers were specifically asked to look at it....and even they said the battery was ok. TBH, seems more than likely they too do not know anything about the alarm due to its age, and are just taking money from my parents every year for doing nothing.

That will stop.

And as said...it was not just a simple power loss. It was like someone flicking a switch rapidly for a few hours, then total power loss for another few hours. If the battery/fuse had been ok....the alarm would have had no ill effects ( like the separate alarm in the garage/workshop worked perfectly throughout )

38 minutes ago, steviesearsringing said:

It's an ancient alarm...it is what it is. I can prove it was not working on battery in September...hence why the engineers were specifically asked to look at it....and even they said the battery was ok. TBH, seems more than likely they too do not know anything about the alarm due to its age, and are just taking money from my parents every year for doing nothing.

That will stop.

And as said...it was not just a simple power loss. It was like someone flicking a switch rapidly for a few hours, then total power loss for another few hours. If the battery/fuse had been ok....the alarm would have had no ill effects ( like the separate alarm in the garage/workshop worked perfectly throughout )

Its a cheapo alarm, could be 21 yrs+ old ?

IIRC there's is a just a single fuse on the PCB, there is no indication when the fuse has failed because its a cheapo alarm...

If they left it faulty after their visit, you have no way of proving it.

The alarm in the out building, could be on a different phase or just not have duff pcb like the house alarm ?

Unhappy with the service provider for you parent's alarm, get them to cancel it. you can mend it for free ?

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

The alarm in the workshop is a different unit entirely, more modern.

And entire property is fed from the same single phase supply. And yes, there is only the one 1A fuse on the PCB.

The alarm is working for now, just this little annoyance, not a big deal really. And this is what I shall be doing.

TBH, It was only middle of last year I discovered they were actually paying someone annually for the alarm as I've taken over looking after a lot of stuff for my Dad after my Mum died in May.

I could have bought a few top end alarms for what they've been paying over the 20 or so years they lived at the house. But it is what it is, time to move on. Thanks