Security Installer Community

HKC SW-10270 and Home Assistant

SgtHobNob

Hello, I wonder if anyone can offer any help.

I have a HKC SW-10270 system installed with LAN Card, I was wondering if anyone knows of any way to integrate this with Home Assistant? The system uses a mix of wired and wireless sensors.

I'm not looking to be able to Arm/Disarm through HA, but would like to be able to read the zone/sensor information and if there's an activation or if the system is armed etc.

I was originally looking at the SIA Protocol, but from what I can see online that's something more to do with the DTV module and not a LAN card? 

I've seen a few posts from James.wilson who makes mention of using Home Assistant and HKC systems, but I don't know if its just me but I can't seem to find a great about of detail on how this is done and what functionality is available

Any help would be greatly appreciated, sorry I've not gone into much detail, I'm a total novice when it comes to alarm systems. Many thanks.

7 hours ago, SgtHobNob said:

Hello, I wonder if anyone can offer any help.

I have a HKC SW-10270 system installed with LAN Card, I was wondering if anyone knows of any way to integrate this with Home Assistant? The system uses a mix of wired and wireless sensors.

I'm not looking to be able to Arm/Disarm through HA, but would like to be able to read the zone/sensor information and if there's an activation or if the system is armed etc.

I was originally looking at the SIA Protocol, but from what I can see online that's something more to do with the DTV module and not a LAN card? 

I've seen a few posts from James.wilson who makes mention of using Home Assistant and HKC systems, but I don't know if its just me but I can't seem to find a great about of detail on how this is done and what functionality is available

Any help would be greatly appreciated, sorry I've not gone into much detail, I'm a total novice when it comes to alarm systems. Many thanks.

For alarms tampers etc. , I guess you could use an output card , Id bus relay board or op card mini , then there is the zones , if to many zones it might be difficult , zone mapping will help you , have u got engineer access? Then you need enough inputs on Ur ha , unless someone knows hkc is integrated in another way, but didn't think so ..

At the moment its watch this space im hoping after discussions with HKC for a mqtt option for the app. There is alexa options coming but i havnt seen those yet.

I currently use esphome and an esp 32 to connect all my i/o into ha while keeping the signalling going. You are right the sia options are not over ip so that wont help. 

I use output modules connected to the esp 32 and a 3.3v relay card for the inputs

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

On 22/12/2021 at 09:13, al-yeti said:

For alarms tampers etc. , I guess you could use an output card , Id bus relay board or op card mini , then there is the zones , if to many zones it might be difficult , zone mapping will help you , have u got engineer access? Then you need enough inputs on Ur ha , unless someone knows hkc is integrated in another way, but didn't think so ..

I do have engineer access, would an output card only work for the wired zones? I have a mix of wired and wireless

On 22/12/2021 at 12:54, james.wilson said:

At the moment its watch this space im hoping after discussions with HKC for a mqtt option for the app. There is alexa options coming but i havnt seen those yet.

I currently use esphome and an esp 32 to connect all my i/o into ha while keeping the signalling going. You are right the sia options are not over ip so that wont help. 

I use output modules connected to the esp 32 and a 3.3v relay card for the inputs

Thanks James, MQTT would be perfect, although if its through the app I guess that wouldn't be local? Alexa options would be a good start, fingers crossed!

51 minutes ago, SgtHobNob said:

Thanks James, MQTT would be perfect, although if its through the app I guess that wouldn't be local? Alexa options would be a good start, fingers crossed!

Good to see someone into HA with a proper alarm, instead of the usual 433mhz one way wireless tat many of the you tubers promote