Jump to content
Security Installer Community

Recommended Posts

Hi all hoping someone on here can help and save me trying to get someone to fix this. We have had a new kitchen installed and the fitters cracked the sensor off the wall and ive got a new one can someone help me ?? which wires go where on the new one ?

 

The sensor on the left is the old one and the sensor on the right is the new one Pyronix KX10DP. Do i need a different PIR sensor ???

 

Any help would be greatly appreciated 

 

GavinIMG_3114.thumb.jpg.5bcba97363b59b905b342ca622e60f95.jpgIMG_3113.thumb.jpg.2c12c1b17f7cc2c80f0352fe262abfc1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lets pretend im stupid 🙂 

 

What colour wires go into the pyronix terminals ??

 

And since ive cut the old one off now the panel is saying AUX DC fail ?? Am i better getting a pro into look at it ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It depends what colour wires the installer used there is no standard. You have also likely blown a fuse.

If your struggling to copy the "colours" from my post above your probably better getting someone in. Is the kitchen fitter paying?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The kitchen fitter is a friend of a friend so its down to me to pay for it all . The PIR cost £20 i could change it for something similar in spec ? the picture below is the alarm box i took the cover off it 

3.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, scotslad469 said:

Hi all hoping someone on here can help and save me trying to get someone to fix this. We have had a new kitchen installed and the fitters cracked the sensor off the wall and ive got a new one can someone help me ?? which wires go where on the new one ?

 

The sensor on the left is the old one and the sensor on the right is the new one Pyronix KX10DP. Do i need a different PIR sensor ???

 

Any help would be greatly appreciated 

 

GavinIMG_3114.thumb.jpg.5bcba97363b59b905b342ca622e60f95.jpgIMG_3113.thumb.jpg.2c12c1b17f7cc2c80f0352fe262abfc1.jpg

White and green to tamper terminals

 

Blue and yellow to alarm

Black is minus -

Red is positive +

18 minutes ago, scotslad469 said:

Lets pretend im stupid 🙂 

 

What colour wires go into the pyronix terminals ??

 

And since ive cut the old one off now the panel is saying AUX DC fail ?? Am i better getting a pro into look at it ?

 

Aux DC fail because probably short it out 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

White and green to tamper terminals

 

Blue and yellow to alarm

Black is minus -

Red is positive +

Aux DC fail because probably short it out 

On the new PIR it has two connectors for Alarm and tamper one each with EOL above them what colour in the EOL screw 

 

+ Red

- Black

Alarm EOL ?

Alarm ?

Tamper ?

Tamper EOL ? 
 

thanks for all the help and patience and yes the glass fuse is blown I will replace it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, scotslad469 said:

On the new PIR it has two connectors for Alarm and tamper one each with EOL above them what colour in the EOL screw 

 

+ Red

- Black

Alarm EOL ?

Alarm ?

Tamper ?

Tamper EOL ? 
 

thanks for all the help and patience and yes the glass fuse is blown I will replace it 

Same as what I just said

 

 

And ignore eol and don't put jumpers on them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, scotslad469 said:

So don’t put any cables in the EOL screws ? 

Ignore the word eol and follow what I said 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess I could type it out but I am going to  be lazy , your just getting confused the word eol , ignore it , so then instructions are the same as what I said before

 

 

White and green to tamper terminals

Blue and yellow to alarm terminals

Black is minus - terminal

Red is positive + terminal

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

I guess I could type it out but I am going to  be lazy , your just getting confused the word eol , ignore it , so then instructions are the same as what I said before

 

 

White and green to tamper terminals

Blue and yellow to alarm terminals

Black is minus - terminal

Red is positive + terminal

 

 

 

Thanks for the help. I owe you a few of these 🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, scotslad469 said:

Thanks for the help. I owe you a few of these 🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺

Iron brew?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, al-yeti said:

Iron brew?

 

5 cups of cold piss ?


Mr😀 Veritas God

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I once did a job in Ardrossan.....

 

I believe the foreign office, issue the same advice to travelers as they do for mogadishu, apart from the sun screen ? 

  • Like 1

Mr😀 Veritas God

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MrHappy said:

I once did a job in Ardrossan.....

 

I believe the foreign office, issue the same advice to travelers as they do for mogadishu, apart from the sun screen ? 

Mogadishu is safer to travel to than ardossan 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

Mogadishu is safer to travel to than ardossan 

You would be required to wear a Haz mat suit at all times and that was before COVID-19

 

😱😱😱🆘🆘🆘🆘😱😱😱

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lol


Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Thanks to all the replies. 
 

PIR now working perfectly few issues I forgot I set the alarm to all the defaults so not knowing the default pin was #### i triggered the tamper and couldn’t shut it down but got it all done in the end. 
 

👍👍👍👍

Edited by sixwheeledbeast
no codes please

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Small bit further help. After getting the PIR sensor installed and working. I decided to do a walk test and see if everything was fine and which zones were which.

 

I believe these are shock sensors ? well i gave them a little nudge to see which zone they were in and now they flash red constantly. Anyone any ideas how to get them to stop flashing ???

 

I have set the alarm and unset it ive been into engineer mode and done a reset still they flash ALL NIGHT LONG !!

 

Any further help would be appreciated......

IMG_3231.jpg

IMG_3230.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a reset switch on the panel? they need the power dropping off to reset the led iirc.


Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally I would only drop the power to the detectors.

 

I'm not sure with these panels but there will most probably be an output that resets on arm/set or something similar (pulse output perhaps?) that you can programme to drop the power momentarily on setting.

 

Worst case, you cold wire in a small unobtrusive switch to interrupt the 12v and mount it through the casing at the bottom or something.


Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.