Security Installer Community

Eaton Ion-40H Alarm Error - Setting Faults - Front Door Exit

NLondonLem

Hi 

We have an Eaton Ion-40H Alarm with Hybrid Setup (Wired sensors from old system plus mostly new scantronic wired ones)

Since the install was completed several months ago when we leave the house around 10% of the time (although it has been more frequent recently) and set the alarm to full set from the keypad master panel activating the front door exit countdown we get a single beep and an error on the display 'Setting Faults Z000 A Font Door'. The alarm will refuse to set and I have to then close the door and set the alarm from my phone through the app (it sets fine straight after from phone). The sensor is a wired contact sensor on the front door that we re-used from my previous system and my installer tested it saying he believes it was fine and didn't need replacing. 

It is strange that the error is intermittent and it is happening more frequently recently. I have spoken numerous times to my installer over the last few months since the install who advises that Eaton think they recognise the problem as a known bug and it should have been resolved in a firmware update this year. I haven't been able to reach my installer recently and as a member of the public don't have access to see what the firmware updates contain. I wondered if anyone else familiar with Eaton alarms could provide any further advice? 

Many thanks in advance for your time and help

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Peter 

Thanks for your quick response 

We do have a hallway PIR but it is disabled due to acrobatic cats setting it off. The entry point front door is managed by a simple contact sensor for entry & exit. No false alarms or other errors on it. Walk tests fine. 

1 minute ago, james.wilson said:

when you open the door when its armed do you get a delay? or does it go immediately into alarm?

We have a timed delay on entry and exit

2 minutes ago, james.wilson said:

if you start arming it with the door closed then leave is that ok?

then 

if you start it with the door open then close what happens?

From memory, it only seems to throw up the error if the door is open first before setting, which is the most convenient way to set it when leaving for me. 

Its probably set up as final set, which means when the entry time starts the alarm will arm when it sees the door open then close. It depends on if the engineer progged a delay on how long after the door is closed it arms.

Assuming that the hall is off and that there are no other detectors on your entry route it should arm if the door is open or closed so long as you open and close it on your way out.

Is the hall detector looking towards stairs? 

agreed id say it programmed for final door needs to see it open and close to arm. Get it changed to timed exit rather than final door (unless signalling but im guessing not) or start with the door closed

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

3 hours ago, NLondonLem said:

Hi 

We have an Eaton Ion-40H Alarm with Hybrid Setup (Wired sensors from old system plus mostly new scantronic wired ones)

Since the install was completed several months ago when we leave the house around 10% of the time (although it has been more frequent recently) and set the alarm to full set from the keypad master panel activating the front door exit countdown we get a single beep and an error on the display 'Setting Faults Z000 A Font Door'. The alarm will refuse to set and I have to then close the door and set the alarm from my phone through the app (it sets fine straight after from phone). The sensor is a wired contact sensor on the front door that we re-used from my previous system and my installer tested it saying he believes it was fine and didn't need replacing. 

It is strange that the error is intermittent and it is happening more frequently recently. I have spoken numerous times to my installer over the last few months since the install who advises that Eaton think they recognise the problem as a known bug and it should have been resolved in a firmware update this year. I haven't been able to reach my installer recently and as a member of the public don't have access to see what the firmware updates contain. I wondered if anyone else familiar with Eaton alarms could provide any further advice? 

Many thanks in advance for your time and help

I can't see how changing from final door to timed would make a difference

If it's intermittent I would change the door contact 

When you set via the app , you unsetting from keypad when you enter ?

1 hour ago, NLondonLem said:

door is open first before setting, which is the most convenient way to set it when leaving for me. 

You need this to be other way around from James said if it's convenient for door to be open , change it from timed to final set instead , if having door open until you leave close door then it sets