Security Installer Community

BT RedCare

jb-eye

My town is in Hull and surrounding areas we have Kingston comms and we have never been able to fit redcare on there exchange allways had to fit smelly dual comms...YUKKY

We also can only use them as an isp sad really as they feel they can charge what they want so its not the end of redcare for us because there has never been a begining.

cheers

Garry

32501[/snapback]

My co. has sites in Hull tha are on redcare. they are also with Kingston communications. You should investigate more, I'm sure you'll find you can fit standard redcares.

:)

If you don't know......ask.

Garry

You could fit Redcare Home. Works on any line (ntl,bt,kingston)

32583[/snapback]

Well Well I didnt know that when I worked for the national thats all we ever fitted i will look into that Buster every day a learning curve....

:D

You can lead a horse to water but you carnt climb a ladder with a bell in both hands.

Hmm interesting, whats the promotions prospects like in BT, ie if your an engineer will you be doing cable runs the rest of your life or can you move up the ladder to something more complex.

32543[/snapback]

Its up to you can imagine how large BT is (world wide) there are always opportunities if you want it hard enough you could be a manager or a transmission engineer dealing with PDH/SDH or you could be on major build all varying skills. But like life its not what you know its who :yes:

Its up to you can imagine how large BT is (world wide) there are always opportunities if you want it hard enough you could be a manager or a transmission engineer dealing with PDH/SDH or you could be on major build all varying skills. But like life its not what you know its who

Very true. Like Smarty, I'm ex BT, did 14 years as a mulitskilled Eng, ended up in one of the Controls in Petersfield as a Senior Technician. Over here on the IOW its quite family orientated, lots of dad's, brothers, sons etc and yes, its very much who you know in order to get on.

Good training, good kit & good benefits and (when I was there) oportunities to get on up the ladder. The strong focus on customer care helped me a lot when I decided to go self employed and did this for 2 years before getting into Security.

Having said that, its not the same now and you are pushed more and more to do more & more.

Non replies to applications are very common. I would say keep writing to them every 4 to 6 months and give it plenty on being able to work both in a team & on your own initative and on putting the needs of the client first. It took 3 years for me to get an interview with them and I had almost given up hope.

Chris Teague (Sales & Operations Manager) Sightguard Intruder Division

Covering the Isle of Wight: - Design, Installation, Maintenance & Takeover of Intruder Alarms, Fire Alarms & Equipment, CCTV, Access Control, Nursecall. Keyholding Service, Guarding & Cash in Transit. SSAIB & NICEIC Registered Tel 01983 884000 / 884440

Any comments / opinions posted could be the voices in my head speaking, but they are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

Hmm not easy to get into then. I guess with enough determination anything's possible, they say telecoms is one of the growing sectors in the world so i guess they got to employ people to fit all this stuff.

Mark Hawks

Ex BT Openreach Field Service

Now Self employed telecom and data engineer  www.mphtelecom.co.uk 

Also back doing sub contract work in the security industry.

Retained firefighter Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue

I used to be a cable jointer with BT for quite some time before going multiskilled. A mate (ex BT) told me today that there is an agency offering long term work to copper cable jointers at £17 an hour in Wales. Up to 70 Hrs a week. I'm very tempted to send in a CV. Plenty of other contracting firms doing BT work. Worth a try with them too mate.

Chris Teague (Sales & Operations Manager) Sightguard Intruder Division

Covering the Isle of Wight: - Design, Installation, Maintenance & Takeover of Intruder Alarms, Fire Alarms & Equipment, CCTV, Access Control, Nursecall. Keyholding Service, Guarding & Cash in Transit. SSAIB & NICEIC Registered Tel 01983 884000 / 884440

Any comments / opinions posted could be the voices in my head speaking, but they are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

Yeah will do some research, guess im looking for a career change, been doing this game over 10 years now and much as i like it, has recently started making me think i want to try something else.

Mark Hawks

Just knowing where to look is proving difficult

Mark Hawks

Archived