Jump to content
Security Installer Community
Pilotech

Honeywell Touchcenter change language

Recommended Posts

Hi,

 

I have a Flex20 and just got my hands on a slightly second hand CP045 Touchcenter.  Trouble is, It defaults to French and when powering up, it should take me to the addressing page so I can get it to talk properly with the Flex.  Unfortunately, it doesn't come up with that - just straight to the home page.  

 

Anyone any ideas how to factory reset it so I can set the address (and language)?

 

TIA

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Zut allors, cet Touchcenter est possible voler a ADT par ebay de france, correctament?


So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, datadiffusion said:

 

Lol

Screenshot_20191216-180023.png

DataDiffusion why?   Just.   Why?

Edited by Logan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Try 'stolen from' rather than 'fly to' :)

Edited by datadiffusion
  • Thanks 1

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, datadiffusion said:

Try 'stolen from' rather than 'fly to' :)

Lol.

 

Why are they in the uk when thete callled AMERICAN district telegraph 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ask yourself why we still have Carphone Warehouse at the same time

  • Upvote 1

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Pilotech said:

Hi,

 

I have a Flex20 and just got my hands on a slightly second hand CP045 Touchcenter.  Trouble is, It defaults to French and when powering up, it should take me to the addressing page so I can get it to talk properly with the Flex.  Unfortunately, it doesn't come up with that - just straight to the home page.  

 

Anyone any ideas how to factory reset it so I can set the address (and language)?

 

TIA

 

Didn't know touch center works with a flex?

 

Galaxyguy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes it does - only one possible though.

 

And they are not stolen, they are customer returns. ADI global and others seem to offload these by the pallet and they end up on eBay for spares repairs state untested or unknown. Ok if you don't mind testing for a few weeks and are ready to take the hit if there's a fault.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Press the padlock button on home screen, enter Engineer code, press bottom right button, press middle right button, then there is a small text button just off center, probably says somthing similar to 'language' but more gallic sounding!

 

Also worth buying these if they are for your own use :)

 

Edited by Gordon Smith
spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/12/2019 at 19:16, GalaxyGuy said:

Yes it does - only one possible though.

 

And they are not stolen, they are customer returns. ADI global and others seem to offload these by the pallet and they end up on eBay for spares repairs state untested or unknown. Ok if you don't mind testing for a few weeks and are ready to take the hit if there's a fault.

They fly.  Not stolen 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/12/2019 at 19:16, GalaxyGuy said:

 OK if you don't mind testing for a few weeks and are ready to take the hit if there's a fault.

And fitting second hand gear with no provenance... 

  • Like 1

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, robbo173 said:

Did anybody find a solution to this? I have the same issue with a CP045 that I recently purchased!

Then stop stealing them from ADT in France 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The language isn't the issue fortunately, anybody able to help set this touch centre up or reset it some how?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, robbo173 said:

The language isn't the issue fortunately, anybody able to help set this touch centre up or reset it some how?

Do you have English version instructions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes I have the full English instructions, the issue is that it doesn't seem to recognise the panel and won't go through the addressing or language options on power up even after pressing the reset button!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MrHappy said:

0470688157.jpg

 

For all we know  your touchcenter is declaring war on Luxembourg 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, robbo173 said:

Yes I have the full English instructions, the issue is that it doesn't seem to recognise the panel and won't go through the addressing or language options on power up even after pressing the reset button!

Can you upload some picture of the unit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OP, you will need to place the latest English touch center firmware on a FAT32 formatted SD card, then insert the card into the CP045 and power on. The touch enter will then re-flash its firmware and default. You should have received an SD card and firmware with the new touch center.

 

If you are a Selfmon customer, contact me via the Selfmon email for support. If not, then contact your installer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, GalaxyGuy said:

OP, you will need to place the latest English touch center firmware on a FAT32 formatted SD card, then insert the card into the CP045 and power on. The touch enter will then re-flash its firmware and default. You should have received an SD card and firmware with the new touch center.

 

If you are a Selfmon customer, contact me via the Selfmon email for support. If not, then contact your installer.

All available online though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, Honeywell now post some firmware releases to:

 

https://www.security.honeywell.com/uk/resources/technical-support/software-upgrades/galaxy-software-download-centre

 

No support if you brick your devices though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

Interesting that they have there firmware on a public FTP.

They don't care

 

And still no one has bought them .....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.