Security Installer Community

Replacement internal sounder

Andy cb

Hi can anyone help me I need so replace my internal sounder I think I have bought the correct replacement. the old one looks like a CQR soint2 with blue plastic insert for the cover screw inside just a simple connector bloc as the pictures show

the new one I have bought is a CQR soint2 hi-lo and has circuit board and unfamiliar connections on it 

Am I right my green and white is my tamper and red = 12v and black negative hi or low 

or

have I bought the wrong thing, if not how do I wire it in correctly 

thanks

96F1ACAE-3605-4756-8155-7E5A44018110.jpeg

Hi can anyone help me I need so replace my internal sounder I think I have bought the correct replacement. the old one looks like a CQR soint2 with blue plastic insert for the cover screw inside just a simple connector bloc as the pictures show

the new one I have bought is a CQR soint2 hi-lo and has circuit board and unfamiliar connections on it 

Am I right my green and white is my tamper and red = 12v and black negative hi or low 

or

have I bought the wrong thing, if not how do I wire it in correctly 

thanks

6841DF9A-29A6-4E4A-8F66-EE042E5CC860.jpeg

I’m upgrading the pir detectors and putting in a new keypad at the same time and looking at the two sounders it’s not just a simple case swap I think the new one will work fine just want to know what terminals to wire in to on the new one

709A7EB7-2CB4-4F91-A5E2-28299AFDC0AE.jpeg

B85581B0-B3AB-4522-B07B-78EF079FFA18.jpeg

B40AB383-CB1F-44ED-83A2-A91022763A53.jpeg

2 hours ago, PeterJames said:

Please dont post multiple topics for the same question its irritating 

Sorry new to site and didn’t really know where to go

1 minute ago, Andy cb said:

Swap the case

In new one disconnect the speaker from the circuit board and use it as you did your old 

Or swap the case damaging the tamper switch won't matter 

Or use this new one as an internal bell and use it on outputs and keep broken one connected as is 

Just swap the case as said above

I want to keep and use tamper

speaker is soldered into circuit board so would need to cut it out 

to swap case over I think I would run risk of braking new case as I try to take out speaker, circuit board and LED

Edited by Andy cb

3 minutes ago, Andy cb said:

I want to keep and use tamper

speaker is soldered into circuit board so would need to cut it out 

to swap case over I think I would run risk of braking new case as I try to take out speaker, circuit board and LED

You can disconnect the tamper aswell and use that on a tamper circuit 

Either way you can't use that circuit board on the speaker output simple

1 hour ago, Andy cb said:

But how do I stop the case all the tamper switch is fitted to the circuit boar and in to the case don’t think I can get the tamper switch out without damage

Swap the case

11 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

Ok I think I need to return it am I right I’m needing to CQR soint1 I posted about earlier

6 minutes ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

There's not much to it, you either send it back and have to wait and pay again or...

a) remove all the electronics from both cases and swap them over

b) snip all the black wires on the new unit close to the PCB, remove PCB fit and wire the terminal blocks like in the original.

choc block onto speaker, retain driver board for tamper, easy ?

• Like 1

Mr? Veritas God

5 minutes ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

If you don't mind the terminal strip floating around yer.

So what your saying is snip all the black wires from the new speaker and the new tamper switch take out the circuit board and led and just use the connector bloc from old sounder

Edited by Andy cb

14 hours ago, Andy cb said:

So what your saying is snip all the black wires from the new speaker and the new tamper switch take out the circuit board and led and just use the connector bloc from old sounder

Yes but your going in circles now read all answers more or less what they been saying all along 

20 hours ago, al-yeti said:

Ok I think I need to return it am I right I’m needing to CQR soint1 I posted about earlier

Al-yeti I know what others have said about simply swapping case and cut this and cut that but when you’ve just spent best part of £30 getting what you had been told before was the right part to get then your forgive me for being a bit reluctant to start cutting wires and swapping this for that 

also new to this site and this topic should have been posted in the diy installer forum not in here 

but thanks all for advice and assistance 

2 hours ago, Andy cb said:

Al-yeti I know what others have said about simply swapping case and cut this and cut that but when you’ve just spent best part of £30 getting what you had been told before was the right part to get then your forgive me for being a bit reluctant to start cutting wires and swapping this for that 

also new to this site and this topic should have been posted in the diy installer forum not in here 

but thanks all for advice and assistance 

So sounder was £30? Didn't realise you paid so much thinking it was speaker 

Apologies , yes hope you kept packaging return won't cost you more than a fiver and probably cost you £17 .50 in end for speak not to bad in the end 

Edited by al-yeti