Security Installer Community

6 wire system

shinksy

Hi folks,

The alarm in my house has a 6 wire system, its old and needs a new panel, keyboard and outside sounder.

I was thinking about the Scantronic i-on40H Hybrid Control Panel. I like the look of their keypad and sounder too

Will this be compatible with 6 wire sensors ?

Thanks in advance

5 minutes ago, shinksy said:

Hi folks,

The alarm in my house has a 6 wire system, its old and needs a new panel, keyboard and outside sounder.

I was thinking about the Scantronic i-on40H Hybrid Control Panel. I like the look of their keypad and sounder too

Will this be compatible with 6 wire sensors ?

Thanks in advance

6wire no big deal , in fact four wire will work to 

Hi there,

I fit the i-On professionally, and it is a great system, especially the free app which allows alerts and remote control.

What you would need to do is either;

1. Fit additonal resistors at the sensor end, using the same wiring (this only needs 4 wires per sensor, 2 for power, 2 for Tamper and Alarm combined, we call it EOL, the resistors you need are in the panel packaging)

2. Fit part number ADP-10CC which allows you to continue to use '6 core' or 4 CC wiring without any modifications

The EOL concept is not unique to Eaton and anyone on here would be able to talk you through it.

4 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

6wire no big deal , in fact four wire will work to 

I'm guessing the OP is unsure as to how it would all work.

IIRC you can actually convert the i-Ons on board 10 zones through menus to 5 zone, double CC although that option might only be on the larger panels

But recently all the large panel options (except zone numbers and user number limits, obs) have been enabled on all sizes of panel

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

• 2 years later...

Global Moderator

May ask you a question please?…….

I have an ion40H and was installed professionally but the guy who fitted killed himself and it’s wired in a way I don’t understand.

in your opinion I have complete started again with it as the sensors are using….

3 x 6 core 

2 pir x 4 core (which are linked I think)

2 x door sensors 

8 radios PIR         (These are a dream to set up and wish I had replaced them all to this type)

Have wired up box, keypad and panel and that’s all fine, got onto the cloud and again radio sensors sets and all good.

but with that wiring configuration (In your opinion how would you wire the PIR/Door catch and double PIR?

have changed all wiring at PIR now to match as that was confusing as hell……

so have……..

red 12v

black Ov

yellow tamper left

blue tamper right

white nC left

green  NC right 

all New Scantronic Pet PIRs

but I’m lost on how to wire…..or what to use at PIR and Panel…..?

if you could please help and many many thanks in advance 

NB

1559BBE1-DEE8-4155-9418-3F54644DA0E0.jpeg

Sorry one more pic 

so if you could tell me

1. what to change the  PIRS to using what cables and where?

2. What wiring method to choose at panel? (4cc currently) for 5 pIR and 2 x magnetic door catches (4 cables on the doors)

3. how to wire at panel please 

sending a blank panel pic if that’s easy for you to scribble on 

Again thanks in advance this has been a right mare and neighbours kids studding for GCSE and I don’t think I’m the flavour of the month at present…..

thank you sir