Security Installer Community

eBay tat roundup - the best and worst from the 'bay

lol, I read the @PJ bit then was drawn to the 'Chocolate Flicker' bit of the link...

eta they did one of those on that workshop TV programme the other week.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

LOL

Missed that on the TV

They seem like quite a fair sized co, or at least, they have proper manf premises

https://www.retro-arcade.co.uk/contact

Loads of different variations on the site.

IIRC the largest collection of working ones + open to public is down the road in Wookey Hole (nr Wells)

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

41 minutes ago, datadiffusion said:

£800.00 doesnt seem that unreasonable but I think I would want an original machine. I look after the Smart family in Sussex they have a few arcades around these parts I may ask them what they have in their stores, I know they do have the odd one or two machines. 

Heres an original one

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Allwins-Ruffler-Walker-Win-a-Penguin-Fully-Working-Excellent-Condition/193445084928?hash=item2d0a39bf00:g:VkwAAOSwxnVeb6TD

But something about it looks fishy (ha ha penguins...) to me, too clean, too shiny.

Elephant House in Cov is the annual [they do other aucitons as well but machines are a big annual event] go-to auction for the scene, feck knows when it will be back on again.

I couldn't believe the prices, as in low, for some of the vending machines from previous auctions. One machine was still in it's box, went for £15, no joke. Another was £10 and was

sold later on ebay for £500. I had hoped to go this year, but... When I do I can always look out for you.

My Rose Cottage Automatics biz is going crazy, sold 3 machines over the weekend.

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

1 hour ago, datadiffusion said:

My Rose Cottage Automatics biz is going crazy, sold 3 machines over the weekend.

Good to hear, I think apart from people staying home a lot of people have extra disposable income at the moment.

@ 1:26 onwards

https://www.channel4.com/programmes/mend-it-for-money/on-demand/70069-001

Sold for £1371 apparently on fleabay

Edited by norman
  • Like 1

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

10 minutes ago, norman said:

Good to hear, I think apart from people staying home a lot of people have extra disposable income at the moment.

Yeah cheers bit odd though, but as you say probably a mixture of money sloshing around, boredom, and possibly grants/loans burning a hole in peoples pockets.

Didn't realise the program was for people blatently selling stuff, thought it was a sob story sort of show, but maybe I've got it confused with another similar type prog?

TBF I think he could have got more, a little more. Don't forget with ebay + paypal thats £140 in fees, ouch.

Did you see me saying I'd had someone, I believe genuine, offering me £3k for my 1990s Barcrest Viz fruit machine?

Edited by datadiffusion

3 hours ago, norman said:

lol, I read the @PJ bit then was drawn to the 'Chocolate Flicker' bit of the link...

eta they did one of those on that workshop TV programme the other week.

I clicked the ebay link & saw "CHOCOLATE FLICKER"

Thankfully Norm was hear whilst I was absent...

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God